Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

shell657
Dedicated September 2012

Tiara vs Haircomb dilemma! need advice

shell657, 11 February, 2012 at 13:29 Posted on Planning 0 19

I can't decide what I want! my dress is quite 'busy' with moonstones & diamantes around the bust line & my hair is going to be half up, half down similar to this only with less hair tied up:

But i cant decide wether to have a low, delicate tiara at the front or a pretty haircomb at the back. I wiill have an elbow length veil sitting nearer the back of my head rather than high up on the crown of my head. My other issue with tiaras is that i think they can sometimes look a little dated & 'prom queenish'

This is the dress:

[View:http://www.thebridalgown.net/phil-collins/pc1380-343-249-.php:550:0]

What do you think i should wear in my hair?

19 replies

Latest activity by 3d jewellery, 13 February, 2012 at 23:00
  • 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

The link doesn't seem to work, did you try any tiaras on with the dress. You also have the option of a side tiara which i tend to prefer to combs especially with a veil. however my graduated tiara is a very popular choice.

• westlakedesignsbasic
    westlakedesignsbasic ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful dress and hair style, there are a number of options, there are a huge range of tiaras available so you will surely be able to get one that isnt dated or prom queenishSmiley smile I have attached a few photos below of what we do just to give you a couple of ideas, all are cusomizable, you could probably put a nice small comb with your veil and a tiara or just a side band on its own.

You can find them all on my site and also at

• shell657
    Dedicated September 2012
    shell657 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, It's a shame that the pic i have shown of the dress is the only one available on the internet, why they ever thought it was a good idea to advertise a dress with the model lying down i'll never know! It does the dress no justice atall.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Maybe something like this

• shell657
    Dedicated September 2012
    shell657 ·
    • Hide content

This is me in the dress, though i am a size 8 clamped into a size 14 dress!

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

Personally, I tend to prefer side tiaras, bands and combs rather than traditional tiaras meaning there is no risk of a prom queen look... unless you want it!

I wore my hair similar to yours and wore a comb in the side with strands across. Side tiaras hadn't really come into fashion then so this was a good alternative to a traditional tiara for me.

A side tiara or band would look lovely with your dress. My Glamour Puss design is a really versatile band which goes with lots of styles and can be adapted to include diamantes etc. The Ice Princess band is a similar random design too. http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/tiaras_bands_bands.html

Some of my side tiaras too can be adapted http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/tiaras_bands_side.html

If I can help at all please fee free to email me on ****@***********.**.**

Lisa

• starstruck-
    starstruck- ·
    • Hide content

If I can help at all, please do feel free to drop me an *****@******************.**.**.

We have a large selection of bridal side tiaras, most of which could have elements of the detail put onto a comb if you prefer.

We also have some bridal hair combs that you might want to look at as well!

Alternatively, if you can email me a close up of the detail on your dress, its possible that I can design something for you that matches the detail!

? Kerri x

• RebeccaC
    RebeccaC ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

It is your own choice - which you prefer. I wore hair hair pins because I didn't want a tiara. However now I make them I would definitely wear a tiara. Do you like simple or elaborate?

Your dress is beautiful. I can see in your dress that you have beautiful crystals in the design on the front. Here are a couple of designs which would work with your dress. I can customise a comb or tiara to match your dress design.

• RebeccaC
    RebeccaC ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

It is your own choice - which you prefer. I wore hair hair pins because I didn't want a tiara. However now I make them I would definitely wear a tiara. Do you like simple or elaborate?

Your dress is beautiful. I can see in your dress that you have beautiful crystals in the design on the front. Here are a couple of designs which would work with your dress.

Esme Tiara

Caroline Tiara

Rosalie Tiara

Valerie Hair Comb

Daisy Hair Comb

Regards

Rebecca.

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

I thk something like the 1st or 2nd flash of side tiara the 1st person put on here. Think they would lovely with your dress x

• shell657
    Dedicated September 2012
    shell657 ·
    • Hide content

What do you think of this haircomb with my hairstyle? I am in love with it! I think it will really stand out against my dark hair

• westlakedesignsbasic
    westlakedesignsbasic ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful, this is from mariel, I stock these also Smiley smile

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi Shell,

Your dress is lovely. The comb you like is very pretty and I agree it would stand out against dark hair. The only thing about combs I feel is that it's a shame when they aren't seen in the photographs depending on how you are standing and how the comb is positioned but you may not be bothered by that. I know when I got married I wanted my tiara to be visible although at just 2cm it wasn't prom style at all. Since you seen to be more drawn towards combs here are some of my designs

This trailing rose would work well with your hairstyle as it can be pinned in place exactly where you want it

Pearls can be swapped for crystals in most designs if you would prefer. If you want to discuss anything feel free to get in touch - ******@**************.**.**. W - www.lynseysdesigns.co.uk, FB - www.facebook.com/lynseysdesigns1.

x

• shell657
    Dedicated September 2012
    shell657 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

May i ask how much you sell this one for incl p&p? xx

• westlakedesignsbasic
    westlakedesignsbasic ·
    • Hide content

These sell at 29.99 with postage on top, they come from a wholesaler in america so take around 3 weeks from order, take a little peek at the link below as it show you all the mariell collection,

http://www.mariellonline.com/All-Wholesale-Tiaras-Bridal-Headpieces-Hair-Accessories-s/36.htm

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

If you have decided you like that style of comb you might like these

• babyw
    Beginner
    babyw ·
    • Hide content

Your dress is stunning. I would be happy to create either a tiara or a hair comb. Feel free to have a look on my website or on my facebook new collection.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.443454564408.217849.52939309408&type=3

• shell657
    Dedicated September 2012
    shell657 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hadn't thought about not seeing it in pics, I am now thinking of something like this instead:

I like how it is fairly low set but still gives a really romantic effect, any of you stock anything like this? Is this a Tiara Comb as opposed to a normal headband style Tiara? I like how you can't see nay 'Alice band' type effect

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

A few examples from a potentially huge choice

However i do prefer something like this on a band

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics