Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs-S-to-b
Beginner September 2011

TIffany BLue/ Aqua wedding day in Italy

Mrs-S-to-b, 12 April, 2010 at 22:58 Posted on Planning 0 26

Hello everyone!!

I am new to the site..... and wondered if I could obtain some help and ideas for my italian wedding next year (september) Firstly my name is Nicola and I am getting married in Lake Como Italy in 2011.My fiance and I have decided on the wedding theme of Tiffany Blue (not sure if that was the best idea), however we are having difficulty in finding things in this colouring. There are so many different variations of the colour aqua, Tiffany blue, tiffany green and I am worried its all going to be a massive mix up of all the colours.

I am looking now into Bridesmaid dresses, flowers and photographers but obviously its a little harder due to it being in another country. I am relying allot on the planner for advice on the cake etc but am thinking of getting artificial/ real to touch wedding flowers etc. I was wondering if there was anyone out there if they had have had or are having the same colouring as me and have found anywhere that sell the 'right' shade of colouring or can give any adivce or suggesitons for this.

I am having 3 bridesmaids and one flower girl - the 3 are going in the tiffany blue (If I can ever find them) and the flower girl in pearly white - my dress is pearl colouring. I am having a sit down meal also so am looking at favours but again its the colouring that I am struggling with.

I would really appreciate any suggestions/ advice or any feedback.

Thanks girls in advance for reading me bable on!

x x

26 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 15 August, 2010 at 16:04
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Artificial or real touch flowers are not that realistic in any shade of bue. You could use White or Ivory flowers & then add accents with Ribbons, pearls, crystals etc to bring in the blue or even add another colour such as hot pink or pale pink and have the flowers in this.

Here are some ideas that might help:

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Hi and welcome to Hitched! Your quite right in saying that Tiffany Blue is one of the hardest colour schemes to co-ordinate! People tend to see colours differently so what looks like Tiffany Blue to some, can be aqua to others and turquoise, teal to others Smiley winking Tiffany blue flowers even in artificial would be a struggle as they tend to be either blue or duck egg blue (another shade!) As Sherrie says, a contrast colour for the flowers would be better or white with a touch of aqua. If you go for fresh and have them supplied abroad, Italy has a good reputation for floristry as do most European countries so you should be OK. I've just finished a teal/turquoise/aqua wedding and this was the Bride's bouquet. These are all artificial:-

Flowergirl had a teddy:-

Bridesmaid's carry a single calla lily:-

• Mrs-S-to-b
    Beginner September 2011
    Mrs-S-to-b ·
    • Hide content

Wow I really like the flowers with the beading! they are lovely. I just dont know whether to go for artifical (real touch) flowers or the real thing? I really love roses and is defiantly the flower that I want for my bouquet! Do you know if its more common to have the birdesmaids bouquets the same just littler or something a little bit different?

Thanks so much for your help though I will defiantly save these as inspiration!

xx

• Mrs-S-to-b
    Beginner September 2011
    Mrs-S-to-b ·
    • Hide content

Ah thanks I do really like that bouquet is that a real bouquet of flowers? that is really lovely I havent ever really thought of having another flower included other then roses. but after looking at that - it is beautiful... mmm you may have just changed my mind! :-) and that like bag with the petal is is lovely - where would I purchase something like that?

Thanks for your help!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Usually they have the main flowers in their bouquets but they would be smaller.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

All the photos of mine are artificial and I sell the bags too - you can find them on my website - link below Smiley winking

• Mrs-S-to-b
    Beginner September 2011
    Mrs-S-to-b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks very much I really like them baskets! I dont know whether to mix in Lillys or just have roses throughout - thinking maybe having roses is the way forwards?

Can anyone help with the Favours and the dresses? Also I wanted for the bridesmaids hair a flower - to go in them? is this something that will be easy to get fresh or artificial... Anythoughts on how it could go in the hair too?

Its this wedding theme colouring is very very hard - I am struggling! ? Thanks for your help girls so far! you have really helped me out! xxxx

• Juicymelons
    Beginner May 2010
    Juicymelons ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I am having an aqua and hot pink theme and I can vouch for how difficult it is to co-ordinate the colours.

I have given up now and I'm having various shades of aqua (the blue tone) it's just impossible, I am tying it all in as best I can and the scheme varies between aqua and pale turquoise.

My bridesmaids are from Kelsey rose and a lot of them come in aqua.........

Favours hmmmm had a few problems in this area, I have found some aqua favour bags online but they won't be here for a few days and if they aren't the aqua blue tone I am giving up and having hot pink ones !

xx

• Mrs-S-to-b
    Beginner September 2011
    Mrs-S-to-b ·
    • Hide content

Isnt it just! At lease you was sensible and paired it with another nice colour I just have ivory and sparkle! thats it lol

I have also found stuff on the net but dont you find it risky not knowing what shade of blue its going to be I think I will be giving up soon you can only try so hard lol!

As my dress is off white what colours do you rekon I should have ivory or white - it is actually a pearl colour.... help on this would be great!

Thanks Juicy Melsons for your help and good luck with it all! xx

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Forgot to mention earlier - you can win lots of wedding prizes in the Hitched Raffle (including favours, stationery, photo shoots, money towards flowers, cake and lots more!) It's drawn soon and tickets are only £1 each for charity. See the post on page 1 ? Shamless plug but it is for charity!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

You can have any flowers or combination of flowers, it's not uncommon to have a bouquet the same as the Bride's smaller & maybe in a contrasting colour.

If you have a look through my albums of Real Brides you will see them with theoir actual flowers which may make it easier to decide:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/aislebeyourscom/sets/72157602758613771/

There is also a set of Tiffany Blue:

• W
    www.poesh.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hiya welcome and congratulations. i think it is a lovely colour you have chosen, i dont think when all the colours are together it will ook bad, when i marrie di had red, this included different shaed of red and burgandy and it worked really well.

If you need invitations or favours or table plan etc i can do them in any colour/theme/style etc just get in touch if your interested.

Hope you find all the bits your looking for, good luck Smiley smile

• Mrs-S-to-b
    Beginner September 2011
    Mrs-S-to-b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your help!!! yeah I am interested in favours...I have a few ideas for them but dont really want to spend a lot of money on them so maybe I can mail you about them and see if you can do anything - similuar? x-x

• amberlindsay
    Beginner April 2011
    amberlindsay ·
    • Hide content

I'm so glad that this thread was started - thanks OP!?

We are still very much in the planning stage of our wedding (hoping to book the venue in the next couple of weeks) and I thought I had the colour scheme of chocolate brown/ivory all fixed until H2B decides that our bridemaids will look like "3 lumps of poo!" lol ? Anyway; he went on to say that he doesn't care what colour the wedding is, but he'd really like our colour cheme to focus around bright colours - and so with that I immediately thought of my favourite colour...turquoise/aqua blue.

But after everyones comments about how difficult it is to match the varying shades; I'm not so sure if it would be a wise choice ? - but that said; I'm loving all of the photos and ideas above!!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Hello and welcome!

I'm having a turquoise/azure blue scheme with hints of purple. Me in Ivory and Men in Grey Suits.

I am also struggling to perfectly match everything and so have decided to have a dulux card style approach to the colours. As long as they are roughly the same colour then it will work! I picked up the cards that I liked and they now go everywhere with me just in case!

• Mrs-S-to-b
    Beginner September 2011
    Mrs-S-to-b ·
    • Hide content

That is a REALLY good idea I am definatly going to do that - pop into Dulux and grab a swatch card! Thanks very much!

Thanks Jane for your help I will be sure to visit your website and let you know how you can help me :-) I am sure you will :-)

Amberlindsay - how funny are you / well your H2B being 3 lumps of poo that did really make laugh! It is very difficult to find Taiffany blue i am now decided on that and aqua! sod it lol x x x x

• Mrs-S-to-b
    Beginner September 2011
    Mrs-S-to-b ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jane

I just looked at your website and wondered if i were to send you wedding favours that I was looking at would you be able to see if you could make something like them please? I wanted a small truffle inside but havent been able to find any!

I am getting married in Italy though so it would be a little hard to get the cake across unless she fancies a holiday?

Thanks for your help! x x

• Mrs-S-to-b
    Beginner September 2011
    Mrs-S-to-b ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha I was just about to say that I only hav ea photo graph on my computer - nice thought though. God no please carry on drinking why not i wish I could... mmm nice glass of vino sounds lush right now! x x x x

• Mrs-S-to-b
    Beginner September 2011
    Mrs-S-to-b ·
    • Hide content

Ok well enjoy your wine - you should why not... its half term...

If you can send me your email address ill send you my ideas and see if you can do it- i think consideirng ~I am on a budget its going to be to expensive but ill see what ya think!

Night - enjoy x

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES REGARDING ADVERTISING BEFORE YOU POST!!!! duly reported.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics