Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner January 2016

Tights?

kimster, 8 of January of 2016 at 15:09 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice about tights/stockings etc on the wedding day - I have a tea length dress and peep toe shoes, so I thought that wearing tights would look weird with the peep toe shoes. However, a few people I've mentioned this to have been outraged at the thought of going bare legged.

What's the done thing here?! If I had closed toe shoes I would wear tights but I just think it will look and feel weird. By their reactions I feel like I am committing some kind of a crime!

Thanks!

6 replies

Latest activity by kimster, 8 of January of 2016 at 16:07
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I think going bare legged is normal with a knee length wedding dress.

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

I think I'd wait until I'd chosen my shoes but if my shoes were closed toe I might wear tights. If I was to wear an open toe shoe... NO WAY! How's this for scandal, I'm wearing a long dress with closed toe shoes but I still won't be wearing tights/stockings! This is mostly for comfort and toilet logistics!

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure why bare legged is a crime but you can get toeless tights if you want to avoid being a scandalous bride ?

• Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

So often on here I read things and I'm just like 'Does this person live on our planet?!' or are they from the 17th century!!

To be outraged that you may go bare legged on your wedding day is ludicrous!! If you want to be bare legged and you are happy and comfortable, then you go for it Smiley smile

Alternatively I know you can by toe less tights so the seam/tights won't be seen in the peep of the shoe http://www.marksandspencer.com/7-denier-hi-heel-ladder-resist-bare-cooling-open-toe-tights-1-pair-pack/p/p22288602

Seriously, unless you are going naked on your wedding day, you aren't committing any crimes i'm aware of!

• S
    Beginner May 2017
    Slink ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure I remember seeing tights with just a bit of toe cut out so you could have them with open toe shoes but still have leg coverage. I think they were in House of Frazer but this was years ago.

But I would go bare legged at my wedding (after a spray tan to make me less purple/blue) and wouldn't say anything about a bride being bare legged either. I think if you feel comfortable then you should do it.

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

Im wearing a knee length dress too and have been worried about this too... I NEVER go bare legged (I dont even like to when at the beach) but if I wear tights my leg tattoos with look all faded and wierd ☹️

I think im going to get a leg wax (never had one before but I dont want stubble or razor burn on my wedding day) and just rocking the naked leg look

• K
    Beginner January 2016
    kimster ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all! I feel so much better now! Think I will pick up a pair of the toeless tights and see what they feel like 'just in case' but I'm sure I'll feel way more comfortable bare legged! I was quite surprised by the strength of the reactions too, I didn't see what the fuss was all about! Hadn't even thought of toilet logistics haha - that's another point in my bare legged favour!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics