Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bethan
Savvy July 2023 Staffordshire

Time for Invitations

Bethan, 16 of June of 2022 at 12:04 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi All,

We're just starting our invitations & are unsure what time to put on our day invitations?

Our ceremony is at 1:30PM - would we put 1PM on the invites or do people just turn up early anyway? We don't want everyone hanging around for ages beforehand but obviously don't want them to arrive dead on 1:30PM when the ceremony is due to start?

Also, what time are people putting on there evening invitations? - I know people turn up late to them as they don't wanna be the first people there (well I don't when I'm invited)

HELP please!

6 replies

Latest activity by Ladybird1088, 17 of June of 2022 at 23:16
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I would ask your venue, the reason I say that is I sent out invites and put 1.45 to be seated for a 2pm ceremony. When I met my venue for the food tasting and run through, he said 1-1.30 for guest arrival so that they are all in place and I can arrive at 1.45 without being seen! So I had to message everyone with an updated time which was a bit annoying for someone as organised as me! I just made a joke of it and said whoops you need to arrive earlier than I put on the invites and everyone was fine!
    For evening we have said 7pm as requested by the venue too so that they have time to turn the room round.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I agree, ask the venue, as you will need to be there early to see registrar (unless is in church) we said arrive between 11 and 11.30 and all guests to be seated by 11.45 and our ceremony was at 12. This did work but there were a couple of latecome s and I had to wait in the car round the corner!
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    I got ready at the venue and put 2pm on my invites, which was the time the ceremony started. I’d assumed this was obvious, but had a few people ask if they should arrive at 2pm! I put 7pm on my evening invites and quite a few arrived at 6 during the speeches - even had one try and take a seat at the top table! No matter what you put, there will always be the select few who will disregard it!
  • Haz
    Dedicated September 2022 Staffordshire
    Haz ·
    • Hide content
    We put 1.30pm for 2pm ceremony but we don't have to meet registrars as we are doing the legal ceremony a couple of days before. We are arriving by boat, so if everyone isn't in place the MC will radio the boat and tell us to hold off until they are ready.
    We aren't having evening guests.
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I've put an "Order of the Day" on the back of mine which includes arrival time Smiley smile

Time for Invitations 1

• L
    Dedicated April 2023 Kent
    Ladybird1088 ·
    • Hide content

Our ceremony is at 1, and that's the time I put on the invite, it should be common knowledge to arrive before the time on the invite, but you can always tell people if they're unsure

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics