Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner November 2016

Time off for honeymoon!

RomanticOrangeDiamonds374, 20 of September of 2016 at 20:45 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 3

I'm a teaching assistant at a school, and my h2b is a manager at a restaurant. He is not able to get time off during school holidays as it is their busyest time and I am contracted to work during term time.

My question was, is it unprofessional of me to ask for time off during the term so we can go on our honeymoon. We haven't been on holiday yet, and our 6 year old daughter hasn't been away as our jobs don't mix! So this a would be our first family holiday!

If I had a wqeek off it would mean other people I work with would have to cover me and my work time duties and we are rushed off our feet during work as it is, so it would make their week harder.

I'm really satreasing about this! If I do not ask for the time off we sadly won't be able to go on a honeymoon. Is it unreasonable for me to ask? Thanks!

3 replies

Latest activity by samwillow, 26 of September of 2016 at 16:09
  • L
    Beginner May 2017
    lucyjo ·
    • Hide content

It can't hurt to ask - the worst they can do is say no. Weddings and honeymoons are one-offs and kind of a big deal! The more notice you give your school, the more likely they are to be able to get extra cover and work around it. You could meet them halfway by only asking for a week instead of two, or could you wait until a less busy time of the year and go on honeymoon then, even though it's not straight after the wedding? That's what we're having to do - we've got a two-month gap between wedding and honeymoon, because OH has to take holidays at specific times dictated by his company.

Plan B - surely if your hubby is the restaurant manager he can arrange someone to cover him for a week if your school won't release you in term-time? Or does he still have to answer to someone higher up?

• R
    Beginner November 2016
    RomanticOrangeDiamonds374 ·
    • Hide content

Hi thanks for your reply Smiley smile I've asked work and I'm hopeing for the best hahaha!

H2b sadly has to answer to a higher up who isn't very willing to give time off during school hols cause it's busiest time!!! What a pain! I would be willing to wait for honeymoon but it would be till he has a new job which could be anytime!

I'm just hoping my work will allow it and my work friends won't hate me so much h for taking the time off as they would have to cover me!

Smiley smile Thanks!

• R
    Beginner November 2016
    RomanticOrangeDiamonds374 ·
    • Hide content

Hi thanks for your reply Smiley smile I've asked work and I'm hopeing for the best hahaha!

H2b sadly has to answer to a higher up who isn't very willing to give time off during school hols cause it's busiest time!!! What a pain! I would be willing to wait for honeymoon but it would be till he has a new job which could be anytime!

I'm just hoping my work will allow it and my work friends won't hate me so much h for taking the time off as they would have to cover me!

Smiley smile Thanks!

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Good luck

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics