Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2016

Time off work for wedding prep

SunnyPurpleHair123, 14 of April of 2016 at 09:40 Posted on Planning 0 22

Good morning ladies (and gents)!

I'm trying to work out my annual leave for this year...

It's got me wondering, for all you full-time, 9-5 b2bs, how many days off are you taking before the day? My annual leave is rapidly disappearing and it's only April!

xxx

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10716;6/st/20160827/e/Our+Wedding/dt/5/k/4a80/event.png[/img]

22 replies

Latest activity by Chale, 16 of April of 2016 at 20:17
  • L
    Beginner July 2016
    Leelee85 ·
    • Hide content

I've booked off 3 working days before and a week after. but I might swap it and do a week before and 3 days after.

I booked all my leave for the entire year right away as our honeymoon isnt until November. I managed to carry over 5 days so I somehow have 5 spare just in case I need them

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Good question! I'll probably take the Thursday & Friday off for the wedding on a Saturday, then having a 1 1/2 weeks off after the wedding for mini-moon - I get 25 days holiday a year then I can buy another 5, however I'll have to be careful I don't use too much in the first half of next year!

I'm thinking one day to get nails & beauty treatment stuff done on the Thursday & then getting the venue ready on the Friday, but this might be a bit too ambitious! Smiley smile

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly the same for me!

I have three weeks off in July for honeymoon and general time with the h2b but luckily my 5 days helped!

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

We also kept some from the previous year. We haven't really figured it out and we're very lucky we work for the family so they might be a bit more forgiving about the odd day. My best mate is flying in so need to take a few days off with him. From the end of june I don't think we will need any days off, so fingers crossed we've worked it out alright. Although I do keep the log of holiday so worst comes to it, just fiddle it a bit (joking)

100% Friday and possibly the Thursday as the cat heads of to catlins, and the church rehearsal also vainly getting my teeth whitened, and it'll probably be the day I do my nails too. The more I think about it, more likely I won't be working.

• Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

I'm taking of a whole week, Wednesday to Wednesday, with our wedding being on the Sunday, so it gives me a few days before and a few days after!

If I feel I need it I might take an extra two days to the monday before the wedding, but that will be more about how prepared I feel Smiley smile

I work for a small company, so I'm quite lucky that my boss is really good and he has said we can be quite flexible when it gets closer to the day.

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm taking 4 days off before my wedding. We are getting married on a Friday so the Friday before will be my last day at work. My OHs Mum is flying in from Australia so I'm taking a few extra days off with her. I had planned to have Wednesday and Thursday off for nail, waxing and eyelash appointments and other bits I might need to do. But now I've found out she arrives that weekend before I've decided to take the Monday and Tuesday off as well and hopefully head to a spa!!

Currently looking at two weeks off after the wedding, but depends on flights etc for honeymoon - currently holding 4 weeks off work just in case! Smiley smile My annual leave refreshes in September and we are getting married in October. I'm planning on carrying some forward from this year and then buying 5 more days so I have enough. It works out so well for me as I can take random days off over the next 6 months to do weddingy bits without worrying too much about running out of leave! x

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

I had I initially only booked the Friday before off, which I realised was very ambitious the closer the wedding got! My wedding is this Saturday and I've taken Tues, Weds, Thurs and Fri off - and thank goodness I did! As much to get in the right head space and switch off from work as having enough time to get everything done without stressing! Everything is now done and I can just focus on relaxing and looking forward to Saturday :-)

Beginner November 2016
    1987RAF ·
    • Hide content

Ive got a week off before and a week off afterwards.

I normally have a week off around that timefor my birthday, so Ive just added another week in front of it to give me a week of final preps and to relax and get into it.

I am lucky that mine is at the end of the year as well so I dont have to worry about using all my A/L up before the summer.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I've booked the day before, the day of (I'm getting married on a Friday) and the Monday after.

Not too much time, as I'd rather be kept busy at work than stressing over whether I've remembered everything.

I'll do as much as possible the weekend before.

• K
    Beginner July 2016
    kay_ ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married on a Sunday and have only taken the Friday before and Monday after! Eeeek. Need to save my holiday for my honeymoon which is 3 weeks long though. :/

• Sweeties
    Beginner November 2016
    Sweeties ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married on a Saturday, and I have booked the Friday before off... any more and I think I'll have too much time on my hands and start to panic over silly things.

We are then both back to work on the Monday, and go on our Honeymoon on the Friday, so 4 days at work to get through.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married on a Friday so will be taking the Weds and Thurs off too.

We don't go on honeymoon until nearly 3 weeks later so we will be back at work on the Monday after the wedding.

Another lucky one that works for a small company - we get an additional day off for getting married!

• ilexaquifolium
    Beginner April 2016
    ilexaquifolium ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married on a Saturday, and are both off work from the Wednesday. Wed is for packing for honeymoon, packing wedding decorations etc, and I'm having my nails done, Thurs is for any last minute packing, followed by travelling down to our wedding location to stay with my mum and dad, Friday is for setting up the venue and wedding rehearsal. I think if we lived closer to our where we're getting married we'd just have the Thursday and Friday off, but definitely a two day minimum!

We're then going on honeymoon on the Monday, getting back the following Monday, and have the rest of that week off to hopefully meet my newborn niece (who is due while we're on honeymoon, and hopefully won't arrive during the wedding!), travel back home from my mum and dad's, readjust to normal life and decide what our next major life event will be!

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Ive got the Thursday before (to get nails done and get dress steamed and Friday off (to take things up to the venue). We get married on the Saturday, then fly out to NYC on the Monday for 10 days, getting back to the UK the following Friday. So by the time I get to work I will have had 2.5 weeks off.

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding is a Saturday, we're both off from the Wednesday.

Wednesday I'm going to the wholesalers with my aunt who's doing our flowers, and the rehearsal is that day too. The rest of it and Thursday will be a mix of packing honeymoon stuff and venue stuff. Hopefully some relaxing too!

Friday will be all day at the reception venue setting up and then gift giving that evening.

If I was short on holiday I could probably cancel the Wednesday and do that stuff Thursday instead, but I saved some from last year so I could try to avoid being too rushed.

• H
    Beginner May 2016
    HappyBlueConfetti257 ·
    • Hide content

We get married on the 7th May, the bank holiday weekend is the weekend before so I have the two days after the bank holiday and then i'm off for 3 weeks (just two days before the wedding), away for honeymoon for 10 days and have about a week when I get back to get back to "normal" unpack, get over jet lag etc.

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

I took a week off before and 2 days after. But had easter weekend before so had longer than a week with the bank holidays.

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning to book off from the weds before, we get married on the Saturday and then I'll have a week off afterwards.

• B
    Beginner May 2016
    Boro_Bex ·
    • Hide content

I'm having almost 3 weeks off altogether, starting from the Friday before our Sunday wedding. Unfortunately, this is the first 3 weeks of my holiday year and I have another 5 days off booked the following month, so that doesn't leave me with many holidays for the rest of the year!

• I
    Beginner December 2016
    IceBlue ·
    • Hide content

I'm a teacher so no chance of time off! Because of this we have chosen to have it in the Christmas holidays so I will get some time off before the wedding although not booked as such!

• S
    Beginner August 2016
    SunnyPurpleHair123 ·
    • Hide content

All your replies have been a massive help! I did book 3 days before our saturday wedding, but I've now reduced it to two.

Still really stuck about what to do afterwards though... we are getting married during the bank holiday weekend (27th August) so will obviously have the monday off, so I thought I'd use 3 days afterwards, but then whats the point in going in just for the friday?! i think maybe I'll just go in for the thursday and friday. we don't have a honeymoon booked, we'll wait for later on in the year.

xxx

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I was planning on taking three days off (getting married on a Thursday), but looks like I'll need plenty of holiday for the honeymoon, so probably only going to take the Wednesday off.

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

I've got the afternoon of Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (wedding day), then the whole of the following week.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics