Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maldives2013
Beginner December 2013

Time on wedding invitation

Maldives2013, 25 April, 2013 at 09:49 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hello,

I apologise, I am pretty sure this would have been asked before but i can;t find a post on it. I am currently having our invitations mocked up and the lady asked for what time to put on the invitation. the ceremony is at 2pm, do i put this time on the invite for people to arrive or do i put an earlier time, i.e. 1:30pm? I know the bar is open from 1pm for pre wedding drinks.

There is only one entrance to the venue and I don't want to turn up at the same time as the guests!

If FTLOMB reads this, it's the same venue you got married in, so would be interested to know what time you told people? PS I have booked the taxi service you recommended and got a free bottle of champagne thrown in for saying they cam recommended so thanks ever so much :-)

Thanks x

13 replies

Latest activity by kharv, 25 April, 2013 at 13:58
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Ahh that's nice on the taxi front!

I would put the actual time of the ceremony. Most people turn up early anyway so if you put an earlier time it could mean some people are there for ages.

If you're worried maybe add a note in any additional info you're sending - 'please ensure you take your seats in the ceremony room by 1.45pm' for instance?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

We put the ceremony time as the start time. The venue made sure that my car was held outside while they got a couple of late people upstairs, then I met with registrar downstairs while they made sure everyone was seated in the ceremony room.

No harm in noting on the invitation that the bar will be open from 1pm. We spread the word verbally.

And good news about the cars. The main driver is very photogenic (not a model, just a pleasant looking older man who takes a good photo) so make sure your H gets a shot with him. He's also VERY good at calming conversation on the way to the ceremony!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

There are very few things that wind me up on Hitched, but people suggesting putting an earlier time on the invitations is one of them (so I'm pleased to see that none of the replies do suggest that!).

I always turn up around half an hour to 20 minutes before the ceremony anyway, so I'd be mighty peed off if what I thought was half an hour ended up being an hour.

There's no harm in putting as kharv suggested an additional wording to ask people to be seated by a certain time, nor is there any harm in saying the bar will be open from 1, but please don't put that the ceremony is at 1.30pm.

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Great, thanks for all the responses - I will make sure I get a photo with him, the guy I have booked it through seems really nice as well, so very happy!

I thought so, any wedding I go to I always get there earlier, Good idea Karv, I will put 2pm ceremony and bar open for pre drinks from 1:30pm or something like that. I don't want people turning up too early and hanging around thinking the ceremony was at an earlier time than it is.

• Indiefluff
    Beginner August 2013
    Indiefluff ·
    • Hide content

My invites say "ceremony begins at 2.30pm" so I'm sure my guests will know to be there before that time.

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Janey4 ·
    • Hide content

Can I ask you what taxi service you are using, as I belive I am getting married at the same place as you too!

We have just put 2pm on the invitation, but will try and make sure people know to come before for a drink or two and to try and keep my OH calm!!

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

I have been to a few weddings where unfortunately guests have still be arriving as the bride is trying to make her entrance! 99% of people will know to turn up at least 15 mins early, but to be doubly sure we put on our invitations 'Ceremony at 12.30, please arrive at midday'.

• INeverThought
    INeverThought ·
    • Hide content

Most people are aware they need to turn up earlier so i would go with ceremony time on the invite and you could pop a little note in to say drinks in bar from 1pm Smiley smile

• hannahmayphotography
    hannahmayphotography ·
    • Hide content

You'd be surprised at the amount of guests who will turn up at 2/2:05, or even later!

If it was me, I'd put on there "Please arrive for the Ceremony at 1:30pm", then when they get there and you hand out the orders of service it can say 1:30-2pm, pre-weddings drinks and 2pm Ceremony"
    It also gives them time to raffle about and get seated.

Then again, that may be because all my family members are ALWAYS 15 minutes late, for someone who loves to be on time or early, it drives me crazy having to wait for the mother (Don't tell her this, but I always tell her the time 15 minutes earlier than what it is. That way, she's always spot on!) :-)

It's completely up to you, but maybe better safe than sorry? :-) x

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Janey4: Is it the Belle Epqoue? We are using a firm called 5 star chauffuer cars if you email: ***********@*********.***. Really quick to respond to me and give me a price etc.The telephone number is**** should you want tyo ring them.

Yes i have to be on time for everything, but a lot of my family are late to everything! I think I will put that the ceremony is at 2, please be seated by 1:45pm and put a side note that the bar is open from 1:30pm.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think this is the best bet!

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Janey4 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes it is!!

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

It's lovely isn't it, i keep getting so excited about it, then remembering it is months and months away! x

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's not that long! It'll be here before you know it.

Gorgeous choice of venue.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics