Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner January 2008

time to panic?

RomanticBrownStationery35363, 24 of April of 2020 at 14:04 Posted on Planning 0 1

We have our wedding August 13th, 2020 in the UK. But the thing is my fiance and I live in the Czech Republic, and 80% of our guests will be coming to the UK from Europe and the US. So with corona virus we are thinking international travel is not going to be possible, or even if it is by August, no one will want to fly. I've spoken with my family who is coming from the US and only three of them would fly out, my parents and my sister. Our insurance won't cover travel circumstances such as the travel ban, and my venue isn't letting me postpone the wedding as of now because they said they can't accommodate everyone to reschedule for next year. Does anyone have any advice?

1 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 14:02
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Sending huge hugs to you.

If you can't claim back on your insurance, I guess all you can do is wait it out and hope for the best. If the venue is not permitted to open, you should be able to get money back, and if the lockdown is lifted sufficiently for it to open and for you to marry, hopefully some of your guests should be able to attend. The alternative, if you haven't paid in full yet, and aren't obliged to by the terms of your contract, is to look at cancelling with that venue completely, but then you have the difficulty of rearranging it elsewhere - it's really a balancing act between how much money you lose, how many people 'have' to attend and how much you want to keep your original date/venue.

I think it can also help to have the mindset that you will make the best of whatever kind of wedding you are able to have on August 13th - try to focus on the fact that you get to marry your fiance, and the love that you have for each other. I know I feel a lot more positive when I think about the fact that my fiance and I will be starting our new life together than when I think about all the people who wont be there to see us marry. You can always look at live streaming and/or having a vow renewal service later for those people who couldn't be with you.

It's so hard when all our plans come crashing down, and this virus is playing havoc with all our wedding plans, but what it can't do is destroy the love that we have for our fiances nor theirs for us.

I hope you have a very special wedding day x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics