Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner September 2021 Middlesex

Timeline

Julie, 16 of June of 2021 at 15:42 Posted on Planning 0 4
How long are you allowing between the end of the ceremony and wedding breakfast, and between the end of the wedding breakfast and evening guests arriving?

4 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 18 of June of 2021 at 17:53
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve got about 45 minutes between ceremony and breakfast but I’m not having a photographer, so just allowing time for the venue to be dressed ready and buying drinks.
    Then I’ve allowed 30 minutes after the breakfast and speeches etc before evening guests turn up. Enough time to redo my face after eating soup 😂
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    We are getting married at 3pm, wedding breakfast at 5 and evening guests at 8pm. Not having speeches so shouldn’t overrun.
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married at 1:30pm, then drinks and games etc before wedding breakfast at 4pm and then evening guests at 7ish. I’m a bit worried about the gap between dinner and the band (6-8pm) but its all in the same room and the band want 2h to set up... If the weather is good we’re fine but a bit screwed if it tips it down.... date is June 2022 so fingers crossed will be ok!
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

A gap of 1.5 hours after the ceremony is ideal. Allow 30 mins for the ceremony even though it wont be that long its very easy for you to be 5-10 mins late and then the 30 mins allows for every to come out and usually have a drink in their hand by then.

Evening gap is always dependant on the time of the ceremony to start with leading to when you will sit or eat and then how long that takes depends on what you are doing for it - afternoon tea - or a silver service with 3 courses. But always try to get as much time between the end of the meal and the eve guests arriving. Gives you a chance to properly chat to the day guests before the eve ones get your attention, or for you relax a while/ freshen up in your room maybe.

A lot of the time if it is a late ceremony there will be no time in-between the meal and evening guests arriving.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics