Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner September 2023 Málaga

Timeline

Adele, 25 of August of 2023 at 13:38 Posted on Planning 0 3
I get married in 3 weeks and I'm just working out my timeline. It's a wedding of 45 people with the ceremony and reception in the same venue. How does this sound timing wise?

4pm-4:3pm Ceremony4:30-5:30pm cocktail hour5:30-7pm dinner (main course and dessert)7-7:15pm 3 speeches7:15-7:30pm first dance & cut cake7:30-10:50pm Reception10:50 - 11:20pm evening buffet11:20- 2am second part of the reception (party)

3 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 26 of August of 2023 at 11:01
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    We did a mains & dessert, we did slightly more speeches than you guys and had them spread between courses, and it was around 2.5hrs from the call dine, till coffees, so I think you need more buffer time in the plan. Plus people need time after food, to unwind, get coffee, and then get re-excited again for the evening. Also when do you want photos? A September wedding the golden hour (when the sun sets) would be around 8ish, but assuming you want photos with guests before this as well, the cocktail hour will go fast, and you guys may want to be prepared you’ll be on photos most of that 1hr. Quick question, have you spoken to the venue and the caterers on their recommendations?

I would say Ceremony 4-4:30, Cocktail Hour (& Photos presumably) 4:30-5:30, Call to Dine 5:30, Food Service 5:45-7:15, Speeches 7:15-7:30, Coffee & Mingle & Golden Hour shots 7:30-8:30, Cake Cutting & First Dance 8:30, Evening Reception 8:30 - Close, Evening Food Service 11-11:30.
  • A
    Beginner September 2023 Málaga
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
    Our photographer is there until the first dance only, our photos are after the ceremony at 16:20 until 17:30. Our guests get sat down for the meal at 17:15 to be served at 17:30.

Yes the venue told me 90 minutes was enough time for the BBQ and dessserts to be served
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I think you need to allow a little extra time - people are not going to move from one thing to another like an army on the march, so you need to build in some 'dithering time'! For example, you've allowed 15 minutes for 3 speeches, which gives each person exactly 5 minutes to say their speech and hand over to the next person. Realistically, there are going to be gaps for applause, waiting for the next person to organise themselves...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics