Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious June 2023 Worcestershire

Timings

Sarah, 29 of July of 2021 at 16:42 Posted on Planning 0 2

How long is recommended to leave between my hair and makeup being finished and the car arriving? Is it ok to have an hour and a half where I can chill and have some final photos before the bridesmaid and photographer head off the the venue which is 20 mins drive away?

xx

2 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 30 of July of 2021 at 19:25
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    That’s sounds perfect, then I’d things overrun you won’t get stressed. Also it allows for photos, a drink and last minute bits. I’m planning 40 minutes from being ready to go down to the ceremony room (I’m getting ready at the venue)
    Also does that hour and a half include travel time? You don’t want to get stuck in traffic
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

From being fully ready with your dress on - which could take 20mins - basically if it is a corset back and whoever is doing it up has not had any practice. If it were me I would want to leave you in enough time to arrive at the venue 30 mins before the ceremony so I can get shots of the groom and family/ ceremony room/ people arriving -- or even the pub first.

So for a 1pm ceremony I would be leaving you at 12.10 so if you could be ready for 12.00 then I can get a few shots with everyone ready and then nip off to the venue.

If you want to take things more relaxed then you could be ready for 12.30 which would be roughly 1 hour before you would be leaving but no real point in being ready too early - getting hot - sitting around - starting to need a wee already ! But at the same time leave room for the unexpected. 12.30 should be more than enough. Any earlier then it starts to impact what time you will have to get up and start.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

40 mins sounds good. Quite easily you could end up over running and suddenly it ends up you only being ready 20 mins before the ceremony but that will only leave 10 mins before there is a knock on the door and the registrar wants to come in and see you. So 40 mins is a "safe" gap.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics