Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner September 2024 Leicestershire

Timings

Katy, 7 of April of 2024 at 23:26 Posted on Planning 0 4
Hello

We are having a very informal wedding and a bit different to usual. We have sent out invites but I’m wondering if my timings sound okay.
2pm private ceremony (20 guests)3.30 reception drinks and nibbles (mini pasties and scones) (60 guests) 7pm buffet dinner (100 guests)
We have decided to feed guests all at once including evening guests. Is 7pm too late for the guests arriving at 3.30?

4 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 14 of April of 2024 at 21:43
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I think the gap between meals is ok as long as you make it clear what food is being served when (you wouldn't want guests turning up at 3.30 assuming they will be sitting straight down to a large meal) but three and a half hours seems a very long time to spend just having drinks and nibbles - do you have anything else planned to fill this time?

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

We are having a very informal wedding and a bit different to usual. We have sent out invites but I’m wondering if my timings sound okay.
    2pm private ceremony (20 guests)3.30 reception drinks and nibbles (mini pasties and scones) (60 guests) 7pm buffet dinner (100 guests)

I see there is also 1.5 hour gap between the ceremony for 20 and the 3.30pm extra 40 guests arriving. So the 20 for the ceremony will be having a longer wait, mini pasties and scones sound better to keep people going rather than the usual canapé though

• S
    Dedicated July 2024 West Midlands
    SL WaltonJones ·
    • Hide content
    If you're not having speeches and entertainment etc at the 3.30pm reception I wouldn't invite the extra 40 people. I'd just have everyone else at the evening/buffet reception. People who've been there all day will have hopefully eaten for lunch then they eat at 3.30 then 7, that's good timings imo.
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I’d say that’s a big gap between 3:30 - 1900 personally. Maybe even arrival 17:30, first dance, cake cutting then food for 18:00-1830 x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics