Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

daffodilly
Beginner August 2015

timings. ... civil ceremonies and receptions

daffodilly, 5 of May of 2014 at 08:41 Posted on Planning 0 10

Morning all!

I was so excited this week as h2b rang and paid the deposit for our wedding.

When I came home he said that the coordinator asked what time we'd like to get married ?

Oops... forgot about this as I was in the clouds because we had booked and we need to work this out so.we can reserve the registrar.

So.... we are having everything in one venue.... in fact... the same room.

Evening reception must finish at midnight and civil ceremony lasts about 30 mins.

Have any other hitchers/HIBs got any advice? I don't want to be rushed but don't want people getting bored from one part to the nxt.

Thx

Xxx

10 replies

Latest activity by miss pickle, 6 of May of 2014 at 18:20
  • Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content

Our registrar offered us any time we wanted so I rang my venue and asked for their advice. I would be baffled if I had to do it this way round!

Maybe you should check with the registrar what times they have available first (if you haven't already)? As you might get a schedule going in your head that can't actually work.

• daffodilly
    Beginner August 2015
    daffodilly ·
    • Hide content

Never thought of that. ... thank you.

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Our ceremony and reception are in the same place too...our timings are...

2pm ceremony

2.30-4ish photos and the venue set the room for the sit down meal.

4.30-6.30 wedding breakfast and speeches

the venue then change the room round again and the band set up etc. guests can freshen up if they want.

7.30 evenimg guests start to arrive and the party begins.

Initially it seemed as though the gaps were too big but the more planning we do, the more it all seems to be about right!

if I couldn't get a 2pm ceremony, we would have gone for 3pm.

• daffodilly
    Beginner August 2015
    daffodilly ·
    • Hide content

A bird of prey show.... wow that's different! My ffil actually keeps birds of prey but might be tricky as he will part of the wedding party. ..lol.

My venue wedding coordinator has suggested a ceremony between 1:30-2pm not even sure if this time is available with the registrar. He date is but totally forgot about checking times. ... doughnut!

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

Ours was like SoontobeMrsC

The ONLY time our registrar had left was 3.30pm on the date we wanted. So, our day will be as follows:

3.30pm Ceremony

4pm Mingling and photos

5pm Wedding breakfast and speeches

7pm Mingling and photos

8pm - 12.30am Reception

We're quite happy with that, although, we originally wanted a 2pm ceremony to give us more time in between to chat.

x

• M
    Beginner June 2014
    metal_gear_panda ·
    • Hide content

Ours so far is going like this

4pm - Ceremony

4:30(ish) - 6pm - photos

6pm - wedding meal (there is only 26 of us)

7:30 Guests start to arrive for reception.

It is quite a quick turn around but it is a small wedding. Although I have four weeks to go, been told the registrar will be in touch with me...dont know how long to wait before I phone them though! haha x

• beccak
    Beginner September 2014
    beccak ·
    • Hide content

I always think it is weird sitting down for a big meal at 4pm- this is not a normal mealtime! For that reason, we are having our ceremony at 12.30, and hope to be sat down by 1.45pm for the wedding breakfast (which will be 'lunch'*). We're at the same venue for the whole thing but there are only 24 of us, so it makes it a bit easier.

I think the meal and speeches will be finished by 4.30pm, at which point everyone will have a couple of hours of mingling and we'll be going off with our tog for some scenic shots on the beach hopefully. We're planning to start our DIY disco by about 7, and will be having the evening food served between 7-9pm for anyone who wants it.

*to add, I am diabetic so mealtimes matter to me. I don't want to be having to scoff sweets/biscuits before the ceremony if my blood sugar is low!

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Ours is all in one place and we have gone for half two with our timings looking like this...

1430 Ceremony

1500 Drinks Reception and Photos

1600 Wedding Breakfast, Speeches and Cake Cutting

1830 Spare Hour for Guests and Photos on Beach for us [whilst room is turned around]

1930 Evening Reception

2315 End [due to location music has to be off by 2300]

• daffodilly
    Beginner August 2015
    daffodilly ·
    • Hide content

Well it's official. ...contacted the registrar today and. ........

I'm getting married at 1:30pm!

Eeeeeekkkkkk...... s exciting that I actually know where and when it will be happening now!

Wedding bbreakfast about 3:30pm ( including speeches etc... so hopefully a decent time to eat)

Evening reception 7:30pm until midnight!

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How exciting ???

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics