Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

May2be
Beginner July 2011

Timings for first dance and cutting the cake etc?

May2be, 10 January, 2011 at 10:40 Posted on Planning 0 4

We are having our wedding breakfast at 430, followed by the speeches and have been told to expect this to finish around 7pm. This is when our evening guests are due to start arriving and the time the dj is booked for. We were thinking of having our buffett around 9 as our evening guests may not have eaten but I'm really not sure when to do the first dance and cutting of the cake. Obviously I want to do these things when the majority of our evening guests have turned up but I don't want to be stopping the drinking and dancing every 5 mins for everyone to have to watch us do something. What is everyone else doing?

4 replies

Latest activity by May2be, 10 January, 2011 at 10:51
  • N
    Beginner August 2011
    Noodle2Be ·
    • Hide content

We're having our wedding breakfast at 4, which with speeces etc should be finished by 6.30. We've asked evening guests to arrive from 7.30pm and put on their invite that we will be cutting the cake and following with our first dance at 8pm.

We'll probs have the evening buffet at about 8.30/9pm.

HTH

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Was planning on having first dance at around 8 and then cut the cake before opening the buffet at 9

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm, tricky isn't it. The lady who owns our venue is excellent and she suggested leaving the first dance until around 9ish so that everyone could start the dancing after that and then you get people staying on the dance floor for the evening. But if you want to serve the food at that time then that could throw it. What about having the food a little earlier? I know your day guests may still be full from the wedding breakfast but the evening guests won't want to wait until really late.

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that Noodle2Be! I was thinking of doing our first dance around 730/8 ish but wasn't too sure whether it is literally supposed to be the first dance of the night lol

Our cake is a cup cake tower with a cutting cake on top. We were thinking that we would use it as the dessert part of our buffett. Maybe it would be appropriate to cut the cake to 'open' the buffet? Especially as the cake and buffett are in a different room from the dancing....

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

hehe I just put that!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics