Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Pink Han-bag
Beginner March 2013

Timings/Order of day for civil ceremony

Pink Han-bag, 21 March, 2012 at 08:28 Posted on Planning 0 6

We're getting closer to actually setting a date so of course my mind is wondering to other things, I'd like to have an idea of how things will run in my head just so I can 'see' it a bit more if that makes sense. The date we're looking at is a Friday so I don't think it can be too early in the day just so people can travel on the day if needs be.

We're having civil ceremony, drinks reception/photos (undecided about canapes) and then a sit down wedding breakfast with an evening reception and more people in the evening including a buffet.

So, how did you do/will do things?

TIA

Hannah x

6 replies

Latest activity by Pink Han-bag, 21 March, 2012 at 09:59
  • Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

This is our rough plan:

2.30 - Ceremoy and Few Photo's afterwards

3.00 - Me and H2B are going for a spin in the wedding car, just round the block for some us time whilst our guests enjoy a drink and chat

3.15- Group Photo's and Drinks Reception

4.00- Wedding Breakfast and Speeches

5.30- 6.00- Free Time (H2B and I may go off with our TOG for some private photo's, most of our guests as its only a small wedding are staying overnight so they will go and check in their rooms and freshen up etc)

7.30- Evening Guests Arrive

8.15- Cake Cutting, First Dance, Band Start (Not sure about this bit but it will all be around now)

9.30- Bands Break and Evening Buffet Served

10.00- Band Start up again

12.00- Home Time

We haven't sat down with the venue yet to discuss everything properly but this is our rough plan.

HTH

• J
    Beginner March 2013
    Jayne_3131 ·
    • Hide content

hi hannah, this is my very rough plan of the day. do you have a venue in mind yet?

Civil Ceremony 30 mins 2PM – 230PM

Photos 30 mins 230PM – 3PM

Drinks and canapes 1 hour 3 – 4 PM

Seating guess 30 mins 4 - 430

meal 2 hours 430 – 630

Speeches 30 mins 630 - 7

Night guest arrive/Cutting cake 15 mins 7 – 730

First dance 730

Evening buffet 830

Dancing 730 - 12

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Have you discussed this with your venue? I went for a meeting at ours a couple of months ago and they told us what the timings would be. Afterall, they know best and we don't really have a clue!

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

We've provisionally booked a date but still going to look at the other 2 top contenders just to make sure we're making the right decision.

The venue said about the day in the order I've said which is what I want but not re timings and intimated it would be down to us. I will take their advice on timings but just to try and get a feel for the day, plus need to book the registrar.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unusual. At our meeting with the venue, we went through everything, and discussed what order things should be in. They suggested things and gave as options as to the order etc. They then worked out how long they thought each item would take and have since drawn up a timetable for the day.

• J
    Beginner March 2013
    Jayne_3131 ·
    • Hide content

Good luck and enjoying looking at the other two venues. I tried to book the registrar yesterday and they said I couldn’t do it until it was a year, which it will be a year this Saturday! Never mind. What date are you going for?

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

The date we've provisionally booked is 22nd March so almost a year which is why I'm thinking of registrar.

I don't want to go to back the venue with too many specific questions just yet which is why I thought I'd just see if there were more common timings, especially as another poster yesterday said they'd recommend having their wedding earlier than they did which was 3pm.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics