Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Dedicated August 2024 East Sussex

Tips and ideas

Hayley, 30 of January of 2022 at 19:16 Posted on Planning 0 22
Hey brides and a few grooms, any idea on good wedding favours?

22 replies

Latest activity by Nisha, 17 of February of 2022 at 00:56
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    I’m not doing favours as I can only think of one I’ve received that was actually good. I always take them to be polite but they usually go straight in the bin when I get home. The one I liked was a cotton napkin the bride had embroidered. Each one was a unique design with the guest’s name and was their place setting as well. She must have made 100 of these, so I don’t know how she managed but I was very impressed!
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    We are making wax melts with our fave perfume scents and some personalised Love Hearts, hopefully they will be used as I agree, often they are cute momentoes but have no purpose
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that idea
  • Hayley
    Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    We're having wildflower seeds. We were thinking of getting personalised ones but we've got some "let love grow" bags from Hobbeycraft and we're going to fill them with seeds ourselves. Guess it depends on the wedding. Ours is an outdoorsy festival style reception so I think they'll go well.
  • J
    Curious August 2022 Kent
    Jo Fran ·
    • Hide content

We are giving everyone a lottery lucky dip ticket! I've never kept a favour, so I'd rather give them the opportunity to win big and not be offended when they throw it away haha!

• K
    Dedicated April 2022 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    We are doing scratch cards for adults and a sweet cone in our wedding colours for the children.
  • J
    Beginner April 2022
    jesssired ·
    • Hide content
    Hey, we've bought pins from the macmillan shop so it's more like a donation to macmillan! Much better than spending loads of money on something which will be thrown away Smiley smile
  • Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content

We're not doing favours either. Three course meal, a few free drinks, evening buffet, pick n mix, party and cake is enough Smiley xd

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds pretty good how does it work? X
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds great I was thinking of doing scratch cards as found beautiful scratch card holders on etsy
  • K
    Dedicated April 2022 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes that’s what we’ve got for ours!!
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's great xx
  • Jess
    Dedicated October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content

We're ordering from a small company called Southways Candle Co and are working with them to create some votive candles for our guests. Each table at our reception will be named using an airport code as my fiancé is an aeroplane fanatic and we're using the codes for the airports we've flown into together. Southways Candle Co are going to do a different scent for each table based on the location to create something suitable - for example, we went to Dusseldorf for the Christmas markets when we first got together so they're doing a mulled wine inspired scent! They're personalising all of the labels for us and everything.

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that I wasnt thinking of naming tables 🤔 if I do they are named after friends characters or somthing like that as I finally got h2b into friends
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh this sounds amazing! Do you mind if I ask how much you're being charged for the candles? We were erring against favours as so many people on here say they get left behind, but I love candles and would happily scoop up any left haha

• Jess
    Dedicated October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No not at all! We're paying £3 per candle, but I think it totally depends on what fragrances you chose and how bespoke you go.

• E
    Beginner July 2022 Gibraltar
    Emma Parody ·
    • Hide content
    Cancer research do pins for 2£ each with a place card which can double up as a name card. So many favours just stay on tables or are chucked at least these go to a good cause!
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's way better value than I thought it would be! Thanks Smiley smile

• Rachel
    Dedicated June 2023 Greater Manchester
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    We’re just doing a charity donation to honour my OH late dad 💜
  • MrsW
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    MrsW ·
    • Hide content
    We are doing a donation to charity as well - with a nice card on each person's place saying "Thank you for sharing our day with us. As a wedding favour, we have made a donation to the Royal National Lifeboat Institute on behalf of all our guests"
  • L
    Dedicated June 2019
    LuxuriousPurpleBridesmaid73066 ·
    • Hide content
    We have the adults gin and tablet (a bit like toffee but crumblier and sweeter) and the children all got age appropriate activity books or nail polish for our one teenager.
  • N
    Beginner July 2022 Somerset
    Nisha ·
    • Hide content
    Anything edible
    Something personalised (photo with you and said guest etc)
    Scratch cards Mini alcohol
    Something that isn't likely to just get thrown in the bin at the end of the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics