Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

CornishBride89
Beginner October 2015

Tips for pre-wedding excitement?

CornishBride89, 28 of September of 2015 at 09:40 Posted on Planning 0 10

I still have a whole 6 days to go, but I'm really suffering. Every night before I go to bed is like Christmas eve when you're little. It's taking me so long to fall to sleep. I tried reading for an hour before bed last night, but little things were making me excited, like one of the characters said husband, and one spoke about their best friend.

I'm at work today with not that much to do, and the clock is ticking backwards.

Has anyone got some tips to distract me from this stupid level of excitement?

10 replies

Latest activity by shelleyw21, 29 of September of 2015 at 12:49
  • CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

Just me going mad with excitement then? haha! :-p

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

No advice for you as you are closer to you big day then me. But I know I'm going to be exactly the same you. I'm like it when it's Xmas as an adult so I know I'm gonna be 100x worse lol.

so I will be following for any advice ☺️

Hope you have a fab day!

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    misslynx ·
    • Hide content

I have an anxiety, and have a relaxation recording downloaded (free) on my phone.

This helps me relax and go to sleep/feel rested.

Might be worth trying one out? You need to try and really do what they say and focus on the words but it might help?

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

Enjoy the excitement Smiley smile Thats what its all about!!

However, you need to sleep so maybe try having a bath with relaxing oils & using a nice moisturiser after, you can get herbal teas etc which are meant to help.

Lavender is supposed to be relaxing but you either like it or you dont!

Enjoy it though and to be so excited must be a good thing x

• B
    Beginner October 2015
    BridgetJonesNoLonger ·
    • Hide content

I will be exactly the same, maybe you can come back as an OM and give us some advice?!

When my OH proposed I didn't sleep for 2 weeks ... I dread to think what I will be like as the big day draws closer. I hope I won't look haggard and tired on the day ...

I hope you find some way of relaxing and getting to sleep.

XXx

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

I will definitely come back as an OM to give advice! :-)

I had a wonderful sleep last night. I had a long hot bath with lavender bubble bath. Then I read for an hour before bed. I also had a big mug of real hot chocolate made with whole milk, dark chocolate and vanilla. I also spent a good few minutes before closing my eyes convincing myself that my wedding wasn't actually for months. haha

I slept like a baby! :-D

Today I'm going to go to the gym for an hour and allow myself to think absolutely everything through about the wedding that I desire to get it out of my system. This effort I need to put in to get myself to sleep will definitely be something I remember! :-p

• Sparkly Bear
    Beginner October 2015
    Sparkly Bear ·
    • Hide content

CornishBride89 I feel like your first post was written by me!!! This is exactly how I feel! I did manage to sleep last night but I think it was because I barely slept a wink on Sunday night!

I think I am going to be even more excited when i finish work on Wednesday!!! Can't believe there is only 4 days till my wedding and 5 till yours!!!!

I also think my clock at work is broken; it seems to be going soooo slowly! Sometimes i think it evening stops for like hours at a time!

Are you in work today? I totally can't be bothered and am very much in wedding / honeymoon mode!!!! ?

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

I'm in work until Thursday unfortunately! :-(

Although being in work, and doing work are completely different things. I don't think I've done any work since last week. I'm too excited to concentrate haha! :-D

• Sparkly Bear
    Beginner October 2015
    Sparkly Bear ·
    • Hide content

I agree! I haven't done any work! I just cant bring myself to focus at all!!!! However my boss has just called and asked me to do some Budget Vs Headcount report and i have a feeling its going to be quite difficult!!!

I just want to go home and get married!!!!

• M
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ_ToBe ·
    • Hide content

I'm only newly engaged with potentially 19 months to go and I already can't sleep with excitement!!! Hehe Smiley laugh

Enjoy it though, as I've been told so often in the last few weeks the planning & day itself are over in a flash x

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    shelleyw21 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure if they still make it but I have a body shop spray (lavendar and something) which I put on my pillow and it helps, could always get lavendar oil from Holland & Barrett or Boots and put a few drops on your pillow each side

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics