Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner

Tips Please For Budget Wedding At Gretna Green Or Maybe Malvern Registry Office. :-)

Scottiedog, 15 December, 2010 at 17:56 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi there. We have been married before . I have two children (10 and 12)and a dog and we are looking to have a lovely day and hopefully a nice honeymoon/family holiday but on a tight budget. Probably £1,500 excluding outfits.)! Is Gretna Green all touristy and tacky or can you have a nice small wedding there at all?! Any suggestions for a nice meal afterwards for maybe just the four of us, and somewhere child and dog friendly close by, probably self catering for us to stay for a week. If not then in Malvern we would use The Council House. For there we are after any suggestions for a good value photographer and somewhere reasonably priced for a nice meal for around twenty of us. Any suggestions, recommendations, stories, experiences etc much appreciated. With many thanks. :-)

3 replies

Latest activity by Scottiedog, 12 January, 2011 at 11:00
  • Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

My friend got married in Gretna this year and I was her Bridesmaid. I too was concerned it would be tacky, but it wasn't at all.

She didn't get married at the mill, she got married at Anvil Hall which was lovely! The hotel was the big one (can't remember it's name sorry - but the main one there!) and our dinner there was lvoely! It was a bit weird seeing 4 brides walking around the hotel, but our dinner was completely seperate from them. I believe it was pretty damn cheap and that was in the summer. She had an all-in deal, so 2 nights accomodation in a suite, wedding and dinner for 20 guests.

• S
    Beginner
    Scottiedog ·
    • Hide content

Hi Claire,

Thanks very much for the tip of Paul the photographer. I have spoken to him several times and my partner and I are meeting up with him soon, hopefully to book him. We have just booked our wedding in Malvern for later this year so your tip is very much appreciated! Any suggestions for flowers, and hair and make up at all?!

With many thanks,

Philippa, AKA Scottiedog. :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics