Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Woody13
Beginner July 2013

'Titles' for a table plan.

Woody13, 1 of July of 2013 at 14:24 Posted on Planning 0 5

The official title of the person giving me away and sitting on the top table is 'mother of the brides boyfriend'. He is like a dad to me but they have just never married.

I'm currently making the table plan and see that many use titles for the top table- mothers of the bride, father of the groom etc.

Am I better just to use their real names than get in a pickle about this? xx

5 replies

Latest activity by Helenia, 1 of July of 2013 at 22:31
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I've never been to a wedding where they used titles rather than names for anyone other than the bride and groom.

I'd go with names.

• Guy Wade
    Guy Wade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup.?

Avoid all the pickles you can - there are plenty to go round!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

We aren't having individual places, just allocating surnames to tables. Only one surname per party. So whoever we know 'best' gets their surname on the table plan. If we had set places it would have been first names only.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

This is what we did. Including ourselves, Mums and Dads. Only Nannan/Aunties/Uncle had any kind of title associated with them (because we use these prefixes when normally addressing them).

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It all gets a bit politically correct with kids and step-kids, double-barrelleds and whatnot, 2 of our families have 3 surnames, others have 2. We've done it so every party has one name. Saved us a stack of hassle. if they were our family we used that surname, or if they had a member of the wedding party in the family we used that surname. We have friends bringing plus-ones and we don't know their surname. In fact a couple of them, we don't even know their first name! I think a friend hasn't decided who she's bringing yet and it's this weekend Smiley smile

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Just use their real names

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics