Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs Winkle
Beginner May 2007

TMI alert - bikini line wax, blisters?

Mrs Winkle, 9 of May of 2009 at 16:52 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 16

I've had my bikini line waxed this afternoon. It was done at a highly recommended beauticians, and actually she was great and it hurt far less than previous ones I've had. I've now got some little blister type things in a couple of patches. They're not that painful, just feel slightly irritated like you often do after a waxing sesh. I've put antiseptic cream on those areas.

So - is this something that can happen? I don't hink they're burns as it doesn't hurt enough. Is my minge ruined for life? ?

16 replies

Latest activity by Sana, 2 of August of 2022 at 05:48
  • kierenthecommunity
    Beginner May 2005
    kierenthecommunity ·
    • Hide content

Are you sure they're actually blisters? as in burnt?

i sometimes get what looks like a rash, but its actually where more stubborn hairs have sort of pulled the follicle inside out (especially when they're ingrown ones). but it calms down after a day or less. it looks a bit like a heat rash, but it isn't actually burnt iyswim.

it heals quicker if you aren't wearing something that rubs, like jeans too.

i've probably explained that really badly!

• Peaches
    Super January 2012
    Peaches ·
    • Hide content

It's going to fester, go green and then drop off!

I've never had little blisters that I know of (but then I can't see much past my stomach anyway!), so if I were you I'd ring the salon and tell them about it. The only time I had a reaction was when I had my tash waxed (it's blonde, but shows up when it bleaches in the sun), and the girl ripped my skin off ?

• Mrs Winkle
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Winkle ·
    • Hide content

I'm pretty sure they are blisters - they're raised and look like they have fluid in them. Odd. At least they're in a place that won't show when I'm wearing my bikini next week - unless I decide to sunbathe legs akimbo.

After my previous painful, ingrown hairs and ouchy experience when I wore jeans, I sensibly wore a dress today. ?

• Mrs Winkle
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Winkle ·
    • Hide content

They seem to be going down a bit, still there but not as much as before. I'll see how they are by Monday I think Peaches - I do have sensitive skin, so it wwouldn't surprise me if it's just an allergic reaction or something. I've taken an antihistamine to see if that helps.

• HeidiHole
    Beginner October 2003
    HeidiHole ·
    • Hide content

You gots cooties.

• Mrs Winkle
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Winkle ·
    • Hide content

Eeew, I'm not squeezing them. Ouch. <shudders>

Shuddup Holio.

• kierenthecommunity
    Beginner May 2005
    kierenthecommunity ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i'll see your jeans wearing post wax experience, as raise you with the time i wore my uniform trousers...

• Mrs Winkle
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Winkle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

And I'll raise you an all-in-one poppered sucky in body suit. <eyes water at the memory>

• kierenthecommunity
    Beginner May 2005
    kierenthecommunity ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ouch

although i bet that didn't make you get a navy blue bikini line ?

• Mrs Winkle
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Winkle ·
    • Hide content

The one and only time I had my legs waxed, the girl left loads of wax on them. I was wearing a long bluue skirt. It took about a week for all the blue furry patches to come off. ?

• Peaches
    Super January 2012
    Peaches ·
    • Hide content

How are the blisters now? Gone down at all?

• Mrs Winkle
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Winkle ·
    • Hide content

Still there, I'll just see what they're like on Monday. Like I said, they're not really painful and there's only a small patch affected. I'm sure a bit of sea water will do it good next week anyway. ?

• flailing wildly
    flailing wildly ·
    • Hide content

I think I had something similar a while back when the wax they used felt slightly hotter than usual. It was gone the next day, whatever it was, so hopefully yours will too.

<stalker alert> was it you who said that you're on or about to be on your period on another thread? </stalker altert> - because I was at the same stage of my cycle when it happened to me, so perhaps the skin is more sensitive than usual around then. Possibly. Just clutching at straws, really ?

• Mrs Winkle
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Winkle ·
    • Hide content

I think you're right FW - they've gone this morning, and it that time in my cycle. Hurrah. My clunge is saved. ?

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

[rofl] can we have a fave quote thread!!

• S
    Beginner August 2022 East London
    Sana ·
    • Hide content

I've been using intimate lightening dermalmd serum for 2 weeks, I've seen some improvement in the darker area.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics