Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rod
Beginner

TMI Alert!! Constipation relief....

Rod, 9 April, 2013 at 09:48

Posted on Off Topic Posts 68

People. I have always had dodgy bowels. When I was about 11 I was hospitalised with a blockage because I think I must just have lazy guts. I get a bit bunged up quite often but im used to it. When i was preggers it got worse but was still manageable. However, the past 2 days I have been in agony....

People. I have always had dodgy bowels. When I was about 11 I was hospitalised with a blockage because I think I must just have lazy guts.

I get a bit bunged up quite often but im used to it. When i was preggers it got worse but was still manageable. However, the past 2 days I have been in agony. I'm bloated (I look like ive got a football under my skin) in pain (from under my boobs to my pelvis) and when i walk / move in any way I feel like my insides are crushed and takes my breath away. I'm ok if I'm still, standing or sitting but every time I have to get up to go to the printer / loo / kitchen I feel like screaming!

Took some Senocot last night to try and ease it (I never normally take anything) and am drinking loads of water but nothing has moved. Had some gas in the night (beautiful!) but no actual movement.

PLease help me. I hardly slept last night I was so uncomfortable. I'm currently drinking a milky coffee in the hope that will loosen things up!

I have a terrible fear of pooing anywhere other than my own home but I would happily go at work right now if I could!

68 replies

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

Fingers crossed!!!

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

This is literally more exciting than "One Born Every Minute"...

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

haha!

• Foote2c
    Beginner December 2012
    Foote2c ·
    • Hide content

A pint of apple juice, always works for me.

Good luck.

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

I feel your pain I started to suffer it too since I changed my diet for the better. It's always better when I make a conscious effort to include more fibre in my diet. Make sure you take the senocot with food or it doesn't work properly. Try dulcolax also. Drink lots of water. Eat a load of fibre filled stuff after the senocot - bran flakes, those belvita fruit and fibre biscuits, linseed oil is supposed to work too. Oranges are supposed to help too.

Because it's affecting your breathing I would go to the doctors and see what they can do.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I've had some calfig (syrup of figs) and a spicy veggie chilli. Still in pain Smiley sad

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Warm bath? Hmm. Sounds like nothing is shifting it, o you may need to go to doctor before it gets so backed up it comes out your ears x

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

Just a thought if you've had similar before and think its your gut being slow - have you tried fybogel? You can get it over the counter and its just a natural high fibre supplement that's meant to keep you moving! Hopefully you have some joy overnight!

• far2calm
    Beginner May 2012
    far2calm ·
    • Hide content

Are you feeling any better!?!?!

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content

I am actually addicted to this thread ?

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Not really.

I took Calfig last night but it hasnt really done a lot. I had a veg and bean chilli for dinner which I hoped would help but no. Had some wind which helped a bit. But its getting ridiculous now. Its full on pain in my stomach. A cross between trapped wind and cramps.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

You poor thing, is it worth going to the doctors?

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

My friend ( a Dr in A & E) said the second worst thing she saw was a poor soul vomiting poop as it was all so impacted it could only come out upwards.

Hope this isn't you Rod!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Bloody hell. I hope its not me too!!

I'm off on Friday so I am gona try and get an appointment then. Even if I have managed to go by then I need to ask what I can do to stop it getting this bad again. My diet isnt bad, so I dont know what is wrong.

Its a bit more bearable, but I dont know if thats just cos I'm getting used to feeling like this!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Bloody hell. I hope its not me too!!

I'm off on Friday so I am gona try and get an appointment then. Even if I have managed to go by then I need to ask what I can do to stop it getting this bad again. My diet isnt bad, so I dont know what is wrong.

Its a bit more bearable, but I dont know if thats just cos I'm getting used to feeling like this!

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What's the worst thing then? That sounds horrendous!

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly this! I'm intrigued!

Rod, I am sending you positive poop vibes xxx

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Hope you poop soon Rods!

AC that's ?

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So when I said it would come out your ears I wasn't far off. Bloody hell. Get off to docs. Surely you can get a same-day appointment ?

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I could prob get an appt mummymoo but I really dont know what they can do? I am drinking more peppermint tea, and its not as bad as it was yesterday so hoping for some relief.

My issue is that I hate pooing. I cant do it anywhere other than at home and I get very embarrassed about it - I dont know why. So talking about it like this is really hard!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Rod, my best friend has the same problem. Not the talking about it bit but the going anywhere but home bit. When she was at uni she couldn't even go in her student house she had to wait till she went back home to her parents which was sometimes a couple of weeks!! ?

I'd love to be able to hold it in but I'm a 'when I've got to go, I've got to go' girl!!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I waited two weeks til I got home whilst on holiday at a camp site when I was younger because I didnt want anyone knowing I'd gone. Ridiculous.

I wish I could be that person! When i do go, I have to go there and then, but its always at home!

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can relate to this. I think it stems from school; if you had a dump at school it was the BIGGEST SIN you could commit, especially being a girl. Other girls would come in and make a massive fuss of the smell, and hang around outside the loos so they could see who the culprit was- then immediately scuttle away to spread it around the school. "OH NO! SOMEONE PERFORMED A PERFECTLY NORMAL BIOLOGICAL FUNCTION IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACE! G-ROSSS!!"

Girls are stupid.

This aside, I now have a complete fear of pooping in public. I have been known to shout 'Sorry!' to random people in the loo when I've HAD to go in public places. In Japan, there are toilets which play music to mask the sound of ploppage, which I think is geeeeeenius.

Joking aside; get thee to the doctors. My sister had this when she was little- she was rolling in agony. The doctor gave her an (ahem..) anal pessary, and it was sorted in a day or so.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried, um, sphincter massage?

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

If you pull the flush at the same time as "plopping" it disguises the sound and smell.

So I am assured!!!!

(All Custard poo smells of roses)

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dare I ask?!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah! But TMI for some maybe.

Just cover your finger with a wodge of tissue and wiggle/press up and down on your bumhole. It relaxes the muscle, and can give some positive physiological feedback to the bowel to start moving. I would start with maybe 20-30 seconds to see if it works. Bear down a little while you're doing it as well.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Ok thanks Footers.

I am willing to try anything so if I havent gone by tonight I might have to give it a bash.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Can you get a suppository thing? The glycerin ones? I had to use it ones before a procedure and the results took only minutes.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I dont know MY? I might have to just take some dulcolax or something. I need this sorted im in agony Smiley sad

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I don't know what dulcolax is, but the suppositories go up, I think perhaps you are so bunged up that nothing you swallow now is making any difference, if that makes sense?

I was terrified of doing it, but they were actually really easy to insert and not painful. As I said, they literally worked in minutes, you would need to be at home to use them. Phone your local pharmacy, or your doctor and explain, I'm sure they'll send over a prescription for you.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Ok thanks MY. It does sound terrifying!

My belly is gugrling away so I'm sure something is happening there! I am going to the doctors on Friday anyway so I can mentin it then if nothing has happened.

• You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics