Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rod
Beginner

TMI Alert!! Constipation relief....

Rod, 9 April, 2013 at 09:48

Posted on Off Topic Posts 68

People. I have always had dodgy bowels. When I was about 11 I was hospitalised with a blockage because I think I must just have lazy guts. I get a bit bunged up quite often but im used to it. When i was preggers it got worse but was still manageable. However, the past 2 days I have been in agony....

People. I have always had dodgy bowels. When I was about 11 I was hospitalised with a blockage because I think I must just have lazy guts.

I get a bit bunged up quite often but im used to it. When i was preggers it got worse but was still manageable. However, the past 2 days I have been in agony. I'm bloated (I look like ive got a football under my skin) in pain (from under my boobs to my pelvis) and when i walk / move in any way I feel like my insides are crushed and takes my breath away. I'm ok if I'm still, standing or sitting but every time I have to get up to go to the printer / loo / kitchen I feel like screaming!

Took some Senocot last night to try and ease it (I never normally take anything) and am drinking loads of water but nothing has moved. Had some gas in the night (beautiful!) but no actual movement.

PLease help me. I hardly slept last night I was so uncomfortable. I'm currently drinking a milky coffee in the hope that will loosen things up!

I have a terrible fear of pooing anywhere other than my own home but I would happily go at work right now if I could!

68 replies

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

They look like evening primrose capsules, but are squishy, for want of a better word. Honestly, I was worried, but it was all needless...it was easy to do and if I was in your situation I wouldn't think twice as it definitely worked. It's what they give for patients to use just prior to a colonoscopy, as it ensures that all your tubes are clear.

• Muesli
    Beginner June 2013
    Muesli ·
    • Hide content

I was bunged up for 2 weeks when i came out of hospital on lots of meds, i used everything, the only thing that worked was i had to get the nurse to give me a suppository.. (not sure if u can buy them).. but it took 20 mins and omg it was amazing lol!

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

You can buy suppositories from the pharmacy.

Are you eating lots of fibre? The only thing that got me going was all bran on cereal everyday.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics