Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lauralil
Beginner September 2010

To all girls who have lost their dresses/money at Crystals Bridal Centre, Nuneaton...also massive N&P

lauralil, 22 September, 2009 at 09:33 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hey girls,

Crystals Bridal Centre in Nuneaton has now gone under and I know that there are many brides who have been left high and dry by this company. Hopefully everyone reading this will take this opportunity to purchase wedding insurance to ensure they are protected should the unfortunate happen elsewhere.

Well having ordered my dress from Crystals and now they have gone into liquidation I just wanted to recommend another shop who helped me out. I spoke to Sue at Gowns by Susan Graley in Coventry and she was absolutely fantastic. She helped me get my dress sorted and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone who is lost! Sue really knows her stuff and she was lovely to deal with.

So a massive N&P to Sue for sorting me out!

Her website is http://www.weddinggownsbysusan.com and her number is 024 7622 1450

I am sure that Sue will be just as helpful to other brides in the same awful position.

Laura x

12 replies

Latest activity by lauralil, 24 September, 2009 at 12:59
  • 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

That's terrible did she manage to get your actual dress from the manufacturer or did you have to buy a new one?

• lauralil
    Beginner September 2010
    lauralil ·
    • Hide content

My order had never even been placed. So they had simply pocketed the money and not ordered it.

Luckily I have wedding insurance and I am getting my deposit back, but I would have been screwed if I couldn't get that back because this is the 2nd dress I've bought! (long story but felt other one was too plain)

And luckily again I only paid the deposit a couple of weeks ago so it doesn't really affect our timescales for fittings.

I know that there are many brides who are without money and without dresses with next to no time to get theirs sorted....really really crappy situation.

• B
    BBC Coventry ·
    • Hide content

Dear Lauralil,

I'm from BBC Coventry and Warwickshire and I'm trying to get in contact with couples like yourself - affected by the closure of Crystals Bridal centre and Christophers Suit Hire.

If you would be in a position to do an interview about ehat happened to you, please contact me on **** 205 or on ****.********@***.**.**

Regards

Alec Blackman

BBC Coventry and Warwickshire

• lauralil
    Beginner September 2010
    lauralil ·
    • Hide content

Hey sweety! Yes I did go for that one Smiley laugh All sorted now, thankfully.

I'm not doing any interviews though haha not one for the spotlight these days!

x

• lauralil
    Beginner September 2010
    lauralil ·
    • Hide content

No I haven't yet, only got the runway pics and the website pic I sent you. But it looks even better in real life! When I try it on again I will email you some, though I will email the runway pics that I found.

Yes Maggie's are BEAUTIFUL! And Claire, they fit so well. This new one hasn't got a corset back but it has an inner corset that works really well.

Have you seen any that make your jaw drop yet?

xx

• lauralil
    Beginner September 2010
    lauralil ·
    • Hide content

WOW! That is gorgeous, I saw this one and shortlisted it and the material is silk so it will be stunning on. I absolutely love the detail on the back under the corset and because it is gathered by the hip on the front it will be very flattering.

Stationery is coming along nicely! I have designed some new stock, I will send you a photo via email

xx

• lauralil
    Beginner September 2010
    lauralil ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea actually hun! Might be worth starting a new post asking this question xx

• L
    LilyThePink ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the info Laura. We ordered our dress in April and apparently they filed for insolvency in February! They have sent us a note stating we have ordered a veil costing £40 which they have not supplied but conveniently forgot to mention the £1000 wedding dress that they also didn't supply. I am so worried that my credit card company will not refund without the dress being listed on their unfulfilled order note.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Lily

x

• lauralil
    Beginner September 2010
    lauralil ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lily,

Which designer is your dress by? Do you have your receipt for the dress? Did you pay the full amount?

Its disgusting isn't it, they were willingly taking money from brides knowing they couldn't pay the suppliers for dresses.

Laura x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics