Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsBarnett2b
Beginner

to anyone having a late wedding and no wedding breakfast

MrsBarnett2b, 25 September, 2011 at 14:28 Posted on Planning 0 6

When are you doing the speeches/cake cutting? Were having a late ceremony at 4pm at a church then drinks/canapes/photos back at the venue (5:30ish) then striaght into the evening do at 7. Dont know whether to have it during the drinks reception or in the the actual evening do? what is everybody else doing, or what do you think? ta ?

6 replies

Latest activity by Banner, 26 September, 2011 at 22:18
  • B
    Beginner October 2011
    beccabee1 ·
    • Hide content

We are doing the same although our ceremony is earlier at 3pm because we didnt want photos in the dark with it being in october! (which does make me worry that people will be hungry but oh well).

We are having the ceremony, then photos and then straight into speeches and cake cutting whilst there are canapes. Then the night at 7 with a buffett. So yeah id say the drinks reception sounds the best time.

• C
    Beginner July 2012
    clairele ·
    • Hide content

We are having our church ceromony at 14:00 and we are not having a wedding breakfast per se, but a bbq for 150 people. This will begin at 5 and we will do our own little buffet bits for around 20:30 (only snacks etc).

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

I did this first time around. I had a 4pm ceremony followed by a big buffet - we did speeches after everyone had eaten.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

We did this. Buffet started about 6, half 6 then we did speeches and cake before the party at half 7ish.

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

We are having a late wedding (3:30pm), but after that we are still having a wedding breakfast at 5:30, then into the party from about 8pm

• B
    Beginner September 2013
    Banner ·
    • Hide content

We are having a civil ceremony at 4.00pm, followed by a champagne toast in the gardens and this is were we will do the speeches. Then go to are other venue for the evening reception to start at 7.00pm. To be honest I wasnt going to do the cake cutting thing. I think the drinks reception is the best pace for the speeches xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics