Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah85f
Beginner April 2012

To give guests food choice or not?

Sarah85f, 5 December, 2011 at 19:29 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hello all,

We`re sending our invites out next month and have just got our menu through. We were thinking about offering a choice between chicken or beef and two starters but what do you all think?

Its no trouble for the hotel, nor for me as i`m a spreadsheet demon, but thinking about whether it`ll make the invite 'messy' LOL!!

What do you think?

9 replies

Latest activity by teapotty, 6 December, 2011 at 08:47
  • Sparkles82
    Beginner April 2013
    Sparkles82 ·
    • Hide content

We are specifically paying more to have an option. I want our guests to have a choice, as I like having a choice when I go to a wedding.

What type of invites are you having? Could you have an insert?

• B
    Beginner April 2012
    Brimbletobe ·
    • Hide content

I think if you're able to have a choice you try and squeeze it on. Could you perhaps make a little RSVP slip to go with the invites that has the choices on them? So it doesn't have to go on your main invite?

• Sarah85f
    Beginner April 2012
    Sarah85f ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies!! Thats decided!!

I`ve ordered pocketfold invites which are perfect really for this - handy really!! We`re doing our own insert etc so thinking i`ll definately try and sqeeze it on now!!

I`ll have to cut down the fancy wording on the menu and get straight to the point as i`ll run out of room!!

The hotel are really laid back so as long as they have numbers, i write on the name tags and give them a copy there should be no problemo!

I`m thinking of speaking to the hotel though as i`m not too sure about 'chicken supreme' - creamy chicken!! hmmmm! the OH is very pleased with the thought of a roast topside of beef though!!

Thinking i`ll give a flash of my invites when they`re done as i`m so excited!!

x

• B
    Beginner April 2012
    Brimbletobe ·
    • Hide content

Looking foward to seeing them!!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I wasn't going to give a choice because I didn't think I could but I am now. I know what a fussy girl I am, so if I was a guest then I'd appreciate it

• R
    Beginner May 2012
    Rebajay1510 ·
    • Hide content

We're also giving our guests a choice - I'm one step up from spreadsheets - I'm an Access demon!

We'd already decided on the pocketfold invite option and one of our friends has kindly designed our RSVP to include the full menu options on the reverse side - they look fab and give plenty of space to allow each guest to initial their course options!

Mum keeps saying are you sure you should be offering a choice, 'I've never had a choice before at a wedding'. My response - well we want to be different!

?

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

If you can give a choice then fab! do it, saves a lot of waste and you will please more guests!

1 thing i would say is that sometimes when it comes to the day, guests forget what they have ordered so make sure you do some kind of table plan thing for the waiters/waitresses that matches where people are sitting. I work in a restaurant and the amount of people that have no idea what they have ordered (if they do a pre order with a large party) is un true! and sometimes they just accept a dish because they can't remember and end up taking someone elses!

i'm sure you already thought of that but thought i would mention it just incase!

Smiley smile x

• R
    Beginner May 2012
    Rebajay1510 ·
    • Hide content

Name cards with their selections on the back Smiley smile

• K
    keely12 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for sharing and good luck with the thread.

• teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love this idea!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics