Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*PinkBerry*
Beginner September 2013

To tan or not to tan...

*PinkBerry*, 13 October, 2012 at 18:50 Posted on Planning 0 16

I have a tan related question,

What did/are you doing for your wedding day? fake tan or just going natural?

I naturally really pastey white fair skinned, and I want to be tanned for the day, however I am getting married abroad and arrive on the Friday get married on the Monday, so I think a spray tan wouldn't be an option esp with being in/out of pool/suntan lotion etc..

So what do i do? I am no good with tanning or any beauty things really, I do have an auntie coming who could tan me but I don't want to look orange.

Just want to hear what other people are doing i guess?

Thanks in advance

x

16 replies

Latest activity by Sparkly Momma, 16 October, 2012 at 16:58
  • clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

I'm super white as well, almost albino. But I think the English rose look is so much more natural and classic!

• *PinkBerry*
    Beginner September 2013
    *PinkBerry* ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I don't mind being white usually but as i am getting married abroad and my guests will be there for a week before me they will all be brown and i will really stick out on the photos as being like a ghost lol x

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

I'm pale, burn easily. I didn't spray tan, all I did was sit in the garden for a bit (in a strapless top so no lines!). So by the time of the wedding I had a bit of colour.

• *PinkBerry*
    Beginner September 2013
    *PinkBerry* ·
    • Hide content

Hopefully we will have some nice weather before the wedding and i can do this! x

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I'm fairly pale but often use Johnsons holiday tan. Its pre-mixed with moisturiser so not as strong as a normal bottle of plain tan & doesnt leave streaks. I'm able to put it on myself too. It comes in lighter & darker versions & you can take the bottle with you on holiday. I'd usually put some on say a day before the holiday, then again 2 days before the wedding. Just make sure you wash your hands afterwards.

Def try it a few weeks beforehand though to work out how much you need. I find it gives a subtle glow, without it looking like I'm orange or noticebly tanned.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I naturally olive skinned anyway but I did have a few cheeky sunbeds before the big day- I just think it looks better in photos.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I had a spray tan- a sienna x in an 8, im lilly white too and it just gave me a healthy sunkissed look- was a bit scary when i first had it on but by the next day it was a nice colour Smiley smile

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Ill be sun bedding it up for a healthy glow...don't like fake tan just makes me look dirty! ha

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

I was going to, but didn't. As it happened, by the time we'd got there and had 2 days in the sun, I was perfectly brown/golden enough (OH is very very fair so any tan on me would look dark next to him). I did spray tan my legs with a cheapy thing from Tesco, but only to even out colouring, not to add more colour.

A good photographer will make sure you don't look pasty - it's all about lighting, positioning, and making the best of natural light.

• *PinkBerry*
    Beginner September 2013
    *PinkBerry* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for your input, will look at johnsons holiday skin, and have a few trial runs.

I am a bit dubious of tan beds with the whole skin cancer risk, and I think my mum would kill me if I did that.

Fingers crossed for a good summer so I will tan naturally and all this worry will be for nothing! x

• ladyzoot
    Beginner August 2012
    ladyzoot ·
    • Hide content

What would you normally do for a holiday? I am fair-skinned and was going to get a spray tan for the wedding, but I've never had a tan in my life (even if I burn I just go pale again afterwards) so I decided it wouldn't be 'me' to have a tan for the wedding so I went pale and proud!

• LilMissBusyBride
    Beginner August 2013
    LilMissBusyBride ·
    • Hide content

As another pastey I have dabbled in a lot of these. My fave combo is the Dove body tanning moisturiser and the Johnson tanning face moisturiser - just make sure you get the light ones! x

• *PinkBerry*
    Beginner September 2013
    *PinkBerry* ·
    • Hide content

I usually just go as i am for a holiday - but as its my wedding and my guests will be in greece a week longer than me I don't want to be called 'whitey' by my parents. Smiley amazing which they usually do every summer anyway!!

I am not the kinda girl to bother usually with a fake tan and that, too much maintenance for a lazy bum like me!

I like the idea of the gradual holiday tan, I think I will get some next time I go shopping and give it a go and see where i go from there!

Thanks Guys x

• jonesmel_25
    Beginner September 2012
    jonesmel_25 ·
    • Hide content

I also had a Sienna X 8 and definitely glad I did. It made me look like I had a nice glow and felt so much better for it on the day.

I had the tan done on Thursday at 4pm and got married on Sunday at 2pm, it lasted and still looked good.

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    maple ·
    • Hide content

You should try it now first, so you would know how it looks on you.

• Sparkly Momma
    Beginner November 2013
    Sparkly Momma ·
    • Hide content

I will DEFINITELY be tanning. Even for our Nov wedding hehe! It's the norm for me on a night out, it doesn't have to look fake and TOWIE, done right it can be very natural looking. My MOH is also my beautician so we are going to play around to find a shade that is beautiful sun-kissed glow and not OTT. Then will probably get her to do a top-up a couple of days after before we go on honeymoon.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics