So girls decided on the dress... Am I having a veil..... Xx

3 replies

Latest activity by Stephisaur, 28 of April of 2016 at 09:44
  • M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful dress.

Have you tried a veil with it? See how it makes you feel as it looks stunning as it is but I can imagine it would also look amazing with a cathedral length veil too.

Just seen your other post too and I wouldn't worry about a veil being OTT at a registry office. As long as you feel fab, who cares!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

Personally, I think a shorter veil would go nice- one that doesn't have a lace trim, so it doesn't clash with the top of the dress.

It all depends on what you feel comfortable in- have you tried it on with any veils?

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

Personally im not, its one of those bizzare traditions that has stuck around for no reason and isnt even used correctly anymore (veils cover the face not hang down the nape of the neck) if people use it correctly it can be vintage and whimsical but for the sake of decoration in a non practical position I just dont get it... its just like random net or tulle on your head for the sake of it, entirely baffling to me lol

if you want some sort of veil the has a modern cool style, keeps a true nod to tradition and isnt just a wierd unnessacery throw back you could try a box veil... they also look great with laces straps/sleeves

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! Oh my God, I feel exactly the same haha!

I'm partial to a Cathedral length but I do like the ones Sorbet has posted!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics