Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner July 2024 Bristol

To videographer or not!?

Emma, 18 of October of 2023 at 16:51 Posted on Planning 0 2
I can’t justify the cost of having two photographers and I’m trying to work out if it’s worth having a videographer or not. So thoughts welcome!

We’re getting married in a church which will be filmed and our potential photographer said they would film the speeches for us. Do we need a videographer?

2 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 23 of December of 2023 at 20:40
  • C
    Beginner July 2027 Staffordshire
    Chris ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely, I'd be happy to help you navigate this decision!

As a wedding supplier and someone who's been in your shoes, I totally get where you're coming from. Let me share my two cents.

From a pro's standpoint, having two photographers is like having eyes everywhere. They can catch moments from different angles and perspectives at the same time. But let's be real - budgets matter. If you're tight on funds, one talented photographer can still do an amazing job capturing your big day.

Now, about the videographer. Videos bring something different to the table. They capture the laughter, the tears, the toasts, the dancing - all the live action that still photos can't. Your photographer offering to film the ceremony and speeches is a great perk, however, things like professionally recording sound is a key aspect a photographer may not be able to cover.

Speaking from personal experience, hiring a videographer was a game-changer for my wedding. We decided pretty last minute to go for it (we didn't think it would be worth the extra), and I can't tell you how glad we are that we did. Watching our wedding video is like time-travelling back to that special day, reliving all the joy and excitement.

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I think they are fantastic, if your budget can reach for one!

But think about what you want, if it’s just a short clip or a full wedding video. A lot of photographers can do short clips of videography if they have the ability to do it. Also, a cheaper option may be a “social media content creator”

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics