Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner April 2016

Toastmaster, Day-of Coordinator or none at all?!

Apey, 18 of August of 2015 at 06:07 Posted on Planning 0 5

Morning everyone Smiley smile

My fiancee are getting married in April 2016!

We're having a DIY wedding at a hall in Hertfordshire. I'm starting to worry about the amount that has to be done on the day and wondering whether it will go smoothly etc.!

I've looked a bit into having an 'on the day' coordinator, but the prices seem way out of budget (we only have £200ish to spend on someone if we were going to).

Toastmasters might be more affordable, but I'm not sure their role has a wide enough birth to make it worthwhile?

The other option is to not get anyone for this, and hope that friends/family can step up to the plate and help co-ordinate the day! I really don't want to be worrying about things such as "do we have enough drinks" and "are the toilets clear of rubbish" etc. on the day itself!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated Smiley smile

Many thanks!

April

5 replies

Latest activity by Apey, 9 of May of 2016 at 14:58
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends on who or what you can get for your budget. If your budget only runs to someone who wouldn't be able to provide what you want then you will have wasted your money.

if you consider what your main worries are and make a list could members of your wedding party/close friends and family each take one responsibility from you.

Most of the things we worry about are just us in panic mode I think. Mark a list, like a job description of what you want someone to take control of and then let's have a look and see what we come up with.

a toastmaster would maybe keep you organised on the day a little but are they really going to make sure the toilets are kept clean and tidy? You could employ someone maybe daughters of a family friend to be there on the day to do that part of it and maybe remove empty food plates assuming you don't have a caterer etc.

• artisanwedding.co.uk
    artisanwedding.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

You need a chief chick! ( A Useful female Best Man)

Most people have a great friend who LOVES organising things and would be honoured to do the job!

I'll be honest, on the whole we find a good firend who's helping organise a lot more useful than a third party. They know everyone by name and do the job with a much more personal aproach!

Pete & Emily. x

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

It's not a toastmaster's job. You need an on-the-day coordinator, which is a wedding planner role.

• MartinC Photography
    MartinC Photography ·
    • Hide content

Doesn't your hall provide anyone? Most venues I've been to has someone managing the actual venue and they will also usually do the announcements. Not always but often they do.

• A
    Beginner April 2016
    Apey ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

This is what happened in the end! i hadn't realised but a lovely friend of mine is actually a wedding coordinator anyway! (I thought she'd given it up a little while ago). She was marvelous and you're right, it was very personal and all the more special Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics