Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Steelgoddess
Beginner June 2010

Toddler pageboy jacket or not?

Steelgoddess, 19 April, 2010 at 12:39 Posted on Planning 0 4

Im getting wed in 18th June, and my son (he'll be 22mths old) is going to be page boy...

I bought him a suit very much like his daddys which is a jacket and trousers, he will also be wearing a waistcoat and shirt obviously... but now im wondering is should I bother with the Jacket or not??? Will it look silly? and if I don;t have the jacket what about the button hole etc?

thanks

4 replies

Latest activity by Juicymelons, 19 April, 2010 at 13:22
  • S
    Beginner January 2009
    sarahv75 ·
    • Hide content

I have boys either side of yours in age! My 13 month old will be in a waistcoat, shirt and trouser suit, and my 3.5 year old will be wearing a jacket (part of a kilt suit). I really don't expect him to keep his jacket on for much longer than the service and maybe a few photos!

I don't think wearing just a waistcoat will look silly at all. Jackets can be a bit stiff looking on young children anyway. The button hole can just clip to his waistcoat can't it?

This is what my 13 month old will be wearing - looks dead cute!!

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends on the weather! If its a lovely day he could do without, but its not that warm he might need the jacket. Have it there just incase he needs it is what i would do. I was at a wedding last year and the pageboy had full highland dress on and he was only 2 and a half! It was absolutley gorgeous on him and kept him warm and toasty! Our Pageboy is in full dress, as the other men, but he's 9.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends on the weather! If its a lovely day he could do without, but its not that warm he might need the jacket. Have it there just incase he needs it is what i would do. I was at a wedding last year and the pageboy had full highland dress on and he was only 2 and a half! It was absolutley gorgeous on him and kept him warm and taosty! Our Pageboy is in full dress, as the other men, but he's 9.

• Juicymelons
    Beginner May 2010
    Juicymelons ·
    • Hide content

My son is 7 and he is wearing a jacket, he wants to look like the rest of the men. I don't think it will stay on long after the ceremony but it's up to him. He looks fab in the full suit.

However for a 2 yr old I would go down the waistcoat only route, keep the jacket handy just incase. Can his button hole be safely clipped on his waistcoat ? Maybe put a patch over where the safety pin would fasten ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics