Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

TrixieSaurus
Beginner August 2016

Toilet baskets

TrixieSaurus, 16 of August of 2016 at 12:02 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi All,

Thinking of putting some little baskets in the toilets, with bits such as plasters, paracetamol, mini deoderant, chewing gum, pads/tampons for girls. Anything else you'd suggest?

What would you put out for the boys?

I'm sure I saw another thread a while back, but I has the dumb today....

10 replies

Latest activity by FutureMrsO'L, 17 of August of 2016 at 15:28
  • L
    Beginner June 2018
    Lilacbouquet ·
    • Hide content

I think that is a great idea, saves relying on someone carrying these things around for you too! Would mints such as a tube of polos be better than chewing gum though as gum may get swallowed with people drinking or stuck to something unappetising if they are already drunk? I would like to suggest a pressed powder but some people can be funny about sharing if it needs to cover lots of people.

The boys however are more of an issue, maybe something similar such as a can of Lynx, paracetamol for an early hangover?

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

I was going to do this, but semi forgot and semi CBA.

There's a lot of stuff you can double up on, like mini deodorants, gum/mints, paracetamol. What about dental floss and antibacterial gel for both?

If you have a few women, I'd get a few mini deodorants so there isn't a queue. Possibly some clear nail varnish or extra tights. A pack of mini nail files? Hairspray?

Boys, Hair putty, a comb? They are easier creatures.

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing this, but not bothering for the boys....just putting out a pot of mints! I figured if the boys wanted something that much then one of the girls can sort them out!

Girls will have:

paracetamol, body spray, clear nail varnish, safety pins, mini nail files, sanitary products, hand cream, tissues, hairspray, indegestion tablets.....sure I bought loads more!

I am going to try and find some of those oil blotting sheets, same kind of thing as pressed powder but more hygienic x

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I also put in some sun cream miniatures and safety pins and some blotting paper for the ladies.

I wouldn't recommend putting paracetamol in there if you are going to have children at your wedding though.

• B
    Beginner March 2016
    BuryBride ·
    • Hide content

I did one for the girls but not the boys. I agree with PP - leave out the paracetamol if kids are around and people are drinking.

I put spray deodorant - the non white marks kind; a few impulse body sprays; hairspray; packets of tissues; nail files; clear nail varnish; a few simple hair combs; plasters.

Bought most from body care or similar priced stores and wasn't expensive. I also put a little sign explaining they could help themselves and it was from us. A few friends said they wouldn't have touched it if we hadn't as they are too polite!

• B
    Beginner March 2016
    BuryBride ·
    • Hide content

Forgot to say I struggled to find the face blotting paper but got it in superdrug in the end. Not all branches stock it but thought it was really good and still use it!

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Superdrug and boots do the blotting sheets, they are a god send! How about some of those party feet things if they're not too expensive? X

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Yup, we didn't do paracetamol cause of kids either.

We also didn't end up doing one for the men as we felt like we wouldn't have enough stuff to fill it, especially without the little medication bits.

For women in addition to your list, we had extra tights, hand sanitizer, hair grips/spray/comb, moisturisers and a selfie stick Smiley smile Think that was it but I could be missing something.

• M
    Beginner February 2016
    MrsF2B! ·
    • Hide content

We did these - and they went down a storm! People loved them! The girls one was easy - hairspray etc, w even got some cheap 90p mascaras from primark and mini perfumes from Avon. The men was more difficult but, from memory, we had little aftershaves from Avon (think along the lines of the tiny samples!) chewing gum, normal mints, mouth wash, deodorant, lynx body spray, the blotting paper someone mention above from superdrug (my Hubs gets a greasy forehead and you would be surprised the amount of men that do top so these were well used!) Primark do a range of mens face wipes, we have antibac hand gel, plasters, paracetamol (no kids at our wedding!) And mini lint rollers from primark with refills. I think that was it...

Between courses at the wedding breakfast, one of our best men call me back to the table with handfuls of stuff like 'look what their giving away in the toilets!' *face palm*

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha we had a sign next to our basket for this reason!

• FutureMrsO'L
    Beginner April 2018
    FutureMrsO'L ·
    • Hide content

I absolutely love this idea! I think this will definitely be something that I look into doing. I am so excited to be able to make a start on all these lovely touches when the time comes! Thanks all ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics