Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner October 2014

Toiletry and flip flop baskets

LalaC1988, 29 of July of 2014 at 07:27 Posted on Planning 0 9

We are wanting to put toiletry baskets in the ladies and gents toilets and flip flops in the ladies toilets.

We are really struggling with the list of what to get - Soo far we are:

Ladies:

deoderant

plasters

OH suggested some mascara/lipstick/nail varnish for any touch ups - but i wouldnt know what a safe colour is?

perhaps a pair or two of clear tights? how would i know what size to get?

wet whipes?

We have even less inspiration for men:

Deoderant

Wet wipes

Anybody else any suggestions of what I could put in?

Also the flip flops - I was thinking a couple of pairs of all that primark do?

Could anybody have any help please Smiley smile

9 replies

Latest activity by ATB, 29 of July of 2014 at 12:59
  • C
    Beginner August 2015
    carrie1978 ·
    • Hide content

I would say in the ladies add hairspray and hair grips to the basket also safety pins .... Men's maybe a comb x

• Curlysuzie
    Beginner September 2014
    Curlysuzie ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking about this last night... I'm glad you put this on! I may have to steal ideas.... ;-)

What about hairspray for the ladies? I was thinking about chewing gum/mints or some mouthwash as well?

I think make up would be a hard one to sort and expensive too, I won't be having make up in mine. Apart from some Vaseline maybe? Most women will have some make up with them anyway.

Im still undecided whether to have a male one....

i have already brought my flip flops for the basket; I brought 12 pairs at once in 3 different colours and 3 different sizes from primark, I think the women on the till thought I was mad! I did explain to her then she thought it was a good idea!

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Nothing like im sure the man gave me when I brought my wedding favours from Primark - 40 odd love hearts with little bells and ribbon, think he thought I fancied myself as next Santa.

Thats what I also said about makeup tbh - good idea for vasaline, I often just use that anyway. Didnt think of hairspray.

• L
    Beginner August 2014
    LRsoontobeLH ·
    • Hide content

We are putting some baskets together too.

For women;

Hairspray, deodorant, hair brush, bobbles, hair grips, paracetamol, plasters, baby wipes, tictacs, packs of tissues, tights?, suntan lotion/aftersun for if it's a sunny day (we have some left over from last year which we will put in there).

For men we will add hair wax instead of spray and take out the tights and hair bobbles/grips.

We have also bought 10pairs of flip flops from primark and will put them in a basket in the ladies.

My friend also put a bag of lollipops in her toilet baskets so I may pinch that idea too!

• S
    Beginner November 2014
    Sazzle24 ·
    • Hide content

I went to pound land and bought plasters, hair grips and bobbles, paracetamol, sanitary towels, chewing gum, hairspray, body spray, hair brush. Still deciding on the mens.
    No need to go overboard just things that people may want as it's such a long day
    Not gonna bother with makeup as they will have bought their own.

• O
    Beginner October 2014
    Oncloud9 ·
    • Hide content

Just a word of warning ladies, I asked my venue if they were happy for us to put a basket in the toilets and they are, but they said we cannot include any type of painkillers.

I have also included a small sewing kit, stain removal wipes, dry shampoo, dental floss and a nail file.

• xoxoxo2017
    Beginner May 2017
    xoxoxo2017 ·
    • Hide content

We were told we can too minus painkillers. Posting to keep an eye on this Smiley smile The venue said gum is fine but i dont want to risk ruining their carpets!

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

He's a boy he doesn't realise this stuff I was against it too lol Thanks for heads up re asking venue I hadn't thought shall certainly reserve purchase until found this out :-)

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

As a BM I had an emergency pack of stuff (before bathroom baskets were a thing) and most popular items were plasters for blisters, hair bobbles and kirbies and safety pins.

I've never been to a wedding with them, but my BM said the last wedding she went to the tights were popular! I have however been to a wedding with a flip flop basket and the female guests went mad for it! Good idea. I'm not doing them as my dancing is a Ceildh and trying to do it in flip flops isn't very safe! You are better in bare feet!

In mine, everything I'm doing in the ladies has already been suggested I believe. I'm considering using some of the little vials of perfume I've collected - but I don't like to use them or give them away! I'd say definately not make up - I'd not use mascara anyone else has as its very dangerous, and if I chip a nail tough! I'd have my own lipstick for touch ups.

In the gents I have deo. spray, facewipes, pain killers, anti histamine and upset tummy pills as well as a packet of tunes and bottle of mouthwash with a stack of shot glasses. I did debate doing a gent's one at all - as if there was something wrong with my MF he'd moan to me and I'd be able to say "ah, there are tummy pills in the ladies etc." but in the end I did one.

I've also got a twist up air freshener for each of the loos - as well as nice handwash and hand cream and a box of tissues and bowl of wrapped glacier mints. I have a private venue so can do what I like, but I know this won't be needed in some venues!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics