Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Tokens for Drinks - Help!

21 February, 2011 at 20:46 Posted on Planning 0 5

OH and I have been debating the best way to do this all evening so I thought I would ask you lovely ladies (and guys) for some advice!

We don't want to put wine on the tables as neither of us drink it and it therefore always seems a little unfair to us. We also don't want to have a free bar as we know there are a few people who will take advantage!

Our venue has said that they are more than happy to accomodate drinks tokens to be exchanged at the bar, the question is how/when do we give these to guests?

Original plan was to put them on the tables with the favours etc, but this would mean that everyone will go to the tables and then have to leave again to get a drink for their meal.

Other thoughts are to put them with the table plan, task someone with handing them out during the drinks reception, find some other ingenious way of giving them out.

Help!

5 replies

Latest activity by clarem1986, 22 February, 2011 at 08:52
  • Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

How about asking an usher to hand them out as people enter the room?

• Fcerrino
    Beginner May 2011
    Fcerrino ·
    • Hide content

We are in the same boat! we are having tokens behind the bar, enough for one each per person. once they are gone, they are gone!

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

If you are having them could you put them in your order of service/ day?

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking of putting mine in the invites then if they don't bring them it's their own stupid fault lol

• C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content

We are doing tokens. We are going to put them on the tables like favours, there is half a bottle of wine per person on the tables with our package so imagine people will just use the tokens when thats gone...and hopefully wont all rush to the bar at the same time!

I think tokens are much fairer than a free bar and you can control the cost, we put on ours 'Drinks token - A small glass of house wine, a pint of beer or a soft drink can be redeemed at the bar with this token' and we are giving 3 each to people...still going to work out to be about £1k but at least people will have their fair share and no one will be able to take advantage of it! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics