Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Tolsby Frames

2 August, 2012 at 20:07 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hey ladies,

for those of you using the Tolsby frames from ikea (2 sided)

are you decorating them or leaving them plane?

if you are decorating them please cna you show me how ?

iv got my menu's in mine and i think they look too plane !

12 replies

Latest activity by *Ducky*, 3 August, 2012 at 11:23
  • HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

Wow, I've not seen these before. They're fab! I want some Smiley smile

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Could you tie a ribbon around the bottom?

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Could you tie a ribbon around the bottom?

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

Sorry can't give you any inspiration as hadn't seen them before, just googled them - £1 each that's ace! Thanks for the tip

For anyone else who looks at this thread and wonders what they are:-

• C
    Beginner August 2012
    chloe_chloe ·
    • Hide content

I quite like the simplicity of them, but see what you mean about them looking plain.

Rather than decorating the frame, how about adding some colour or details to the card itself that you're writing the menu on? I seem to recall that you had printed bunting on your favour labels (at least I think it was you!) Maybe you could use this, or take inspiration from your stationery to add some graphics or make the text a bit more colourful?

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Depending on your theme how about putting a ring of flowers round like the candle rings search flower candle rings on ebay for inspiration, these are more elaborate than I meant

or stand the holder in a bowl of pebbles or glass nuggets

• Trouble_gb
    Beginner September 2013
    Trouble_gb ·
    • Hide content

I would probably just tie a ribbon around the stand if you don't have time to reprint.

If you do have time to reprint what about putting a bright border around the menu so that it shows up inside the frame.

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

I think they look fine actually - not too plain at all.I may even pinch this idea if I can get to Ikea sometime soon. X

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

They look lovely, I think a bow round the bottom would just set it odd perfectly

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I think a ribbon round the bottom would be great. Never seen these before but they're brilliant! Great find.

• C
    Beginner August 2012
    chloe_chloe ·
    • Hide content

You've already done it how I had in mind anyway! I wouldn't bother reprinting them, I think they look nice how they are. At most I would add a ribbon to the bottom if you feel you really want to add something.

BTW - we are date twins and you are sooo much more organised than me!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

We had these for our table names. We also used them for our 'The Ducky' cocktail and 'The Mr Ducky' cocktail displayed on the bar. We just used them as they were, I couldn't be faffed to with extra decoration and as Mr Ducky was very involved in the marquee setting up, he would not have been impressed if I started tying ribbons and bows to everything!

If anyone is interested I have 22 of these (16 used once) 6 still in wrappers, all immaculate condition. Say £10 for all of them plus postage? Just message if interested. If not I'll get round to listing them on the For Sale section one of these days!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics