Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cache13
Beginner August 2015

Tomboy bridesmaid gift idea

Cache13, 10 of April of 2015 at 17:29 Posted on Planning 0 10

My young cousin is 11 and she's only into boyish things and will only wear boys clothes.

shes kindly agreed to be bridesmaid along with my other bridesmaids, so can you help me with a personalised gift?

The adult bridesmaids have personalised dressing gowns to get ready in, but as it's a long day the young one isn't joining us until later (exact time tbc as she doesn't need hair or makeup).

Something personalised with her name on alone doesn't seem enough as that could be from any occasion (the girls dressing gowns have Bridesmaid and the date on the back with their name on the front). The teddies I've seen anywhere are so not her at all!

any ideas welcome!

10 replies

Latest activity by snow bride, 11 of April of 2015 at 08:55
  • A
    Beginner May 2016
    Arabella16 ·
    • Hide content

Not sure if this is a bit too tomboy but how about her favourite football/sports team shirt with 'bridesmaid' on the back in place of a name? Will keep thinking! x

• BubbleBees
    Beginner August 2015
    BubbleBees ·
    • Hide content

The football shirt idea is good!

What does she like? Team sports? Cars? Motor racing? Not that I think these are boyish - I'm a fan of the latter two myself - just trying to get a feel for what you could llok for.

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great idea! X

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

What about a onesie with bridesmaid on it.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Can you ask her mum what she IS into?

Would she have a massage, facial, nails done, or is that a definite no no?

Personalised photo frame, trinket box, money box?

Day out/voucher to a theme park- thorpe park etc

Try a new sport- voucher for a zip wire/advernture park, dry ski slope, roller blading, sporting type thing?

• Grace@PEP
    Beginner November 2018
    Grace@PEP ·
    • Hide content

How about a Bridesmaid Vest/Camisole - she still will likely wear this, even as part of her pyjamas and they can be personalised.

A personalised pillow, thanking her for being a BM. You can get various shapes, which may be something she would appreciate in her bedroom.

A personalised hoodie for the day - that she can then travel to the house in and change from.

Personalised tankard that is gender neutral - there are some with fantasy designs from books, if she is into Game of Thrones or any of those shows.

I do also like the idea of the sports shirt of her team and it being personalised, that was suggested by an earlier poster.

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love this idea, thanks!

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

She has every football shirt under the sun with her name on or favourite players on, so as much as I would absolutely love to do this, I know it will stay in her wardrobe and not see the light of day! X

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for your suggestions, the massage etc is a definite no no for her. The trinket box is a great idea though, I will definitely try to find one of those.

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The pillow idea is great - never thought of that at all! She's quite bedroom- proud so that's a lovey touch. She will only wear basketball style baggy vests or oversized pjs so the camisole is out, but a lovely idea.

Thanks for your suggestions.

• snow bride
    Beginner June 2016
    snow bride ·
    • Hide content

How about a custom hoody in the college style with Bridesmaid and maybe some details of the day?

I use a great clothing printer on facebook that I can highly recommend :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics