Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner January 2025 Lincolnshire

Too early?!

Amber, 30 of January of 2023 at 17:51 Posted on Planning 0 13
Newly engaged and thinking early 2025 (Jan-April at the latest) is it too early to be looking at venues/churches? I’m so new to all of this!

13 replies

Latest activity by Kenna, 4 of February of 2023 at 00:13
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    If venues are open to take bookings then I say go for it. Things get booked up a far in advance so I don't see an issue booking early as it means you get the venue you want and also secures a price. Once you have the venue then I would also book things like photographer, caterer, florist, make up etc as then you will be able to get your date secured and know exactly how much you need to save up etc
  • K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

Go for it. I got engaged in December 2020 and my wedding is this June. I booked my venue and church in the January of 2021. Many venues will open bookings 2 years in advance. Just check with them.

• PIP
    Beginner May 2025 Islas Baleares
    PIP ·
    • Hide content

I'm also in this situation! At the end of last year (2022) I was enquiring at locations and being told it's too early. However I've seen lots of photographers who's books are half full already for 2024, so assume their 2025 bookings will open soon. I think it's lovely to get excited and start the journey Smiley smile so will keep on asking as and when I find places/people that I'm interested in.

• A
    Beginner July 2024 North Yorkshire
    Alanis ·
    • Hide content
    I got engaged 3 days ago and I’ll be booking our venue by the end of February 😅😅
  • Kathryn
    Savvy April 2025 Co Londonderry
    Kathryn ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!

We got engaged April 2022, booked our April 2025 date in summer last year. Some, not all photographer's, videographers and bands we've been looking at have 2025 dates open!If you are set on a peak date/season, those will get booked up first so the earlier you're on things the better.Some things we've enquired about don't have their diary open yet but have said they will put our name on a list so they can email us when they do open their 2025 diary

• K
    Savvy November 2024 West Midlands
    Katey_84 ·
    • Hide content
    Whilst we were looking at venues in December 2022 many were informing us that they were taking bookings for 2025 and 2026 as we questioned if November 2024 was too far too book. Some venues stated if we decided to book with them and pay the contractual deposit the current package options would remain the same as we'd be locking in on their current price. Never to early, means you have plenty of time to make arrangements!
  • R
    Curious August 2024 Kent
    Rochelle ·
    • Hide content
    Noo get started as soon as you can as the prices hike up each year and they will often keep you at the 2023 rate rather than the 2025 rate which could be an extra couple of thousand in difference! Also it will make your planning so much less stressful Smiley smile you will have a better idea of budget and once the venue is set it just leaves the rest to fall in place in terms of dress style and decor. Try to visit as many as you can to get what’s included in each venue as well as accommodation for guests. I got 2022 prices for my 2024 wedding as I started early and found a lot of suppliers book up very fast especially if you choose a popular summer time date or a weekend day.

I wish you the best of luck with everything and congrats to both of you ❤️
  • A
    Lancashire
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married may 2025, I advise start going looking round and find your favourite as dates are getting booked up very quickly xx
  • L
    Beginner May 2025 Staffordshire
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    Got engaged last may and we are getting married in 2025 and already have our venue booked! I say go for it and then you don’t have to settle you can have the date and the venue you want xx
  • S
    Beginner March 2025 East Sussex
    Sara ·
    • Hide content
    Absolutely go for it! We are March 2025 and we have found our venue and some of the main suppliers Smiley smile some suppliers haven’t opened their books yet but I’ve still put out feelers so I can estimate costs or found out when they’re opening their diary so I can enquire then! X
  • A
    Beginner January 2025 Lincolnshire
    Amber ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh this is great! Did the venue let me book or? Xx
  • S
    Beginner March 2025 East Sussex
    Sara ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yep!! We didn’t find any venues that wouldn’t book for that date to be honest, mostly just the smaller suppliers like beauty, cake etc but everyone else has been fine like photographer, entertainment and decorators xx
  • Kenna
    Beginner March 2023 Lothian & Borders
    Kenna ·
    • Hide content
    Not too early at all! I got engaged Christmas Day 2020 and getting married 30th March this year. You'll give yourself plenty of time to sort everything, especially the big things like venue, photographer that can get booked up years in advance.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics