Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner October 2025 Alicante

Too early for save the dates?

Lex, 2 of March of 2023 at 09:50 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi everyone Smiley shame My partner and I are getting married in October of 2025. The wedding is taking place abroad and we want to ensure people have enough time to arrange time off of work, suitable cover or temporary closing their businesses. Is it too early for us to send out save the dates?

2 replies

Latest activity by KennethAmimi, 2 of March of 2023 at 21:20
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I would say 2 years before is the earliest to send and is appropriate timing for you as it is a destination wedding, so you will need to make that clear on your STD and possibly the expectation of cost to your guest so they can make an informed choice. It is also probable worth saying on there that if they know already the wont be able to attend to let you know ASAP so you will have an idea of spaces you may want to offer to other people but you will still be able to give as much notice as possible

• C
    Beginner July 2022 Lancashire
    Claire ·
    • Hide content

Hey Lex, from personal experience of my Husbands brother getting married abroad I wouldn't say a time was ever too early. They only gave guests a year, in this case all of the guests they wanted there couldn't because of time off, children and the cost.

So I'd definitely say no time is too early if you'd like all of your guests there, I hope this helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics