Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Surrey

Too early to ask bridesmaids?

Kw, 16 of March of 2024 at 14:50 Posted on Planning 0 4
Hi! We’re getting married in August 2026 and I’ve already decided on bridesmaids. Is it too early to ask people yet? I’m worried they’ll think it’s ridiculously early 😂 But I’m such a planner so want to tick this off when I next see them.

4 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 14 of April of 2024 at 23:46
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I would hold off for a while. I've seen far too many brides who asked their 'best friend' to be bridesmaid a couple of years before the wedding only to end up panicking a few months before because they've had a major falling-out and don't want them at the wedding any more.

I'm sure that you are sure you won't change your mind - but so were they! A lot can happen in over 2 years, and you may find that the person you thought was a friend forever now is not that close to you by then.

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hello! Congratulations! How very exciting! Everyone is going to give a different answer so I do agree with above as I have heard this lots and lots of times! Which is very sad! In my experience I asked a year ago which was maybe 6/7 months after we got engaged and 1.5 Years to the wedding! Now we have 4 months to go! 😬😬 I have amazing bridesmaids! Although I have been very lucky and they went to hear about our day all the time I have only really started talking about it with them since January time! And November just because of the dresses? So what I am saying is if you ask them now and they don’t reply to every message about the wedding for the next 2 and a half years don’t let it put a downer on you as everyone has their own lives too! Does that make sense? X
  • Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content

I can feel your excitement Smiley smile

Ask them when you feel ready to no problem in giving them advance notice so they are aware.

I am not having any bridesmaids for my wedding I don't have that many close friends who I would like to take on the role. Only last year I started to make new friends. I should be having a Hen night though with a few new friends so looking forward to that! Smiley heart

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I agree with others. I would hold off. Things change, especially when wedding planning gets involved! People will act all different kinds of ways other than what you expect. Definitely hold off.
    I love all my BM, and I am glad they will be with me by the day but also looking back, if I was to do it again I’d only have one as it cuts in costs soooo much too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics