Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner April 2014

Too many bridesmaids?

Jader123, 18 of December of 2012 at 18:57

Posted on Planning 39

Hi, I have 2 definite bridesmaids, however, I am really close to four friends I met when at uni. Do you think 6 bridesmaids is too many? How many bridesmaids did you have and what did you think about it on the day? Thanks, I am probably fussing over nothing

Hi,

I have 2 definite bridesmaids, however, I am really close to four friends I met when at uni. Do you think 6 bridesmaids is too many? How many bridesmaids did you have and what did you think about it on the day?

Thanks, I am probably fussing over nothing Smiley smile

39 replies

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

I am also having 6 bridesmaids and haven't encountered too many problems so far. Although I am still in the early stages of planning so I am sure there is time for arguments to be had!

I am on a very tight budget so asked all 6 if they would mind contributing to the cost of dresses and to my surprise they all said they would be happy to pay for themselves in full, which was a massive weight off my mind. I just struck the deal that they have much more say in what they wear than if I was paying for them myself.

Good luck with the decision ?

• RichesToBe
    Beginner June 2013
    RichesToBe ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I think 6 bridesmaids are fine, just be firm with the dress choice! ?

I'm having 4 adults, 2 children (my 2 sister, his sister and my best friend, then his niece and mine)

Our venue is quite grand but I'd have them all anyway, its totally up to you.

I went to a wedding last year at a small venue and she had 6 adult BMs and 2 younger ones and looked good, as others have said, pictures were fab too!

• V
    Beginner January 1998
    vintagegirl ·
    • Hide content

Im having 6 bridesmaids and they are all family apart from 2 of them./
    It will be a bit more costly but I couldnt imagine not having any of them as a bridesmaid.

• rachd03
    Beginner May 2014
    rachd03 ·
    • Hide content

Im having 5 including 1 MOH. The OH has triplet sisters so we are having them plus one of my closest friend who I know will keep me sane and grounded and my oldest friend as my MOH. The OH is also having 2 best men.

As others have said, its your day..have 20 if you want them!!! (hypothetically of course ?, 20 would be a bit expensive!!)x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics