Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Starlight85
Beginner June 2011

Too much food?

Starlight85, 22 of March of 2011 at 14:37 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi all, a little help needed please, Do you think having a two course meal (main and dessert) at 4.30pm and then a BBQ at 7.30pm would be too much food???

Also would it bother you having to eat a set menu for the two course meal and not having a menu choice? (except vegetarians)

Thank you x x x

9 replies

Latest activity by FutureMrsC, 24 of March of 2011 at 15:44
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

No, it wouldn't bother me (except that I would find 4:30pm a strange time to eat a meal but I'm in the minority on this). I am greedy though Smiley laugh but if you're doing a BBQ at 7:30pm I assume you'll be having evening guests eating it?

i.e. day guests eat at 4:30pm, then evening guests arrive, then everyone eats again at 7:30pm? If this is the case I'd only cater for about 60% of the total number of guests for the BBQ as most people who had eaten a meal at 4:30pm won't want loads of BBQ.

If you're not having extra evening guests, personally I'd move the BBQ back until about 9pm.

It wouldn't bother me eating a set meal (although I am veggie)... I think people expect this at a wedding.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

Its to close IMO, we are sitting down to eat at 5 but our evening buffet isnt being served until 9. I couldnt bare the thought of all that waste so I am making sure that my guests will be hungry ready for round 2!

• F
    Beginner May 2011
    FutureMrsC ·
    • Hide content

We are actually doing something similar but our evening part isn't until about 9pm just to give people time to get hungry again!

Also the shoes in your picture thing where are they from? I think I am in LOVE! ?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I think it would be too much food personally.

Most weddings I have been to don't have the buffet till 9pm or later.

Questions i'd have would be:

* How many people are having the sit down meal - if more than 50 it's likely to take a number of hours - so would be effectively having an hour off eating before eating more?

* How long will the evening buffet be open? My concern would be that if it were open only an hour then the day guests won't want to eat, but won't be able to find food elsewhere which may cause them to leave early.

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

I'd say no.

But then we are having food at 4pm, 7pm, 9pm, 12pm and leftovers about 2am.

• rachieb13782
    Beginner August 2011
    rachieb13782 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That wouldn't bother me at all, but we have given a choice of 3 mains to our guests as were having roast beef and we know alot of people don't like red meat. so we have offered turkey and a vegetarian option.

• Starlight85
    Beginner June 2011
    Starlight85 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are having around 55/60 people all day, the meal would take place between 4.30-6 inc speeches but the BBq would have to be at 7.30-7.45 as part of the package we are having includes entertainment at 6-6.15. So I can't change the times unless I have the meal before the photos which I don't want to do so people can relax, I don't want ties undone or food all down the front of shirts (my 3 year old, although possibly H2B too lol) in the photos. My other option is a buffet in the day but I wanted something more formal if possible.

My shoes are from Irregular Choice, they don't do the pink anymore but there are the same style in a few other colours. You can buy them from Schuh too, but get more of the range from Irregular Choices own website. I fell in love with them too, had to have them for my wedding shoes ?

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

My automatic response to the title of your post was 'there's no such thing!'. Can you tell I'm on a diet and craving what I can't have? ?

• caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content

We didn't do a set menu but had to have a full pre-order in 3 weeks before the wedding.

We're eating at 4.00 but having 3 courses and our evening buffet is about 9.00

I wouldn't really say your timings are too close but.. is the BBQ being lit at 7.30 or will the food start being served then? Obviously if it's lit at 7.30 then you'll not be eating until around 8.15ish which gives a bigger gap

• F
    Beginner May 2011
    FutureMrsC ·
    • Hide content

?Shame they don't do the pink anymore..[:'(] I did think they looked like IC ones! Off to google!

I do already have shoes but a girl can never have enough hey!!!?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics