Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nikki_D
Beginner June 2012

Top Meadow - Essex

Nikki_D, 31 January, 2011 at 00:37 Posted on Planning 0 23

Hey ladies, (and gents)

Just wanted to ask a quick question... Has anyone ever got married at, or been to a wedding at Top Meado Golf Club in Essex? I have been to view the venue a few times with OH and it's the first place he has said to me "I like this one"... and I did too. It's simple but yet effect enough for us. And it's within our budget.

Just wanted a few pointers from people that have previously been there and what they thought.. Cheers guys xx ❤️

23 replies

Latest activity by Nikki_D, 9 November, 2011 at 21:17
  • Mrs_Stich2b
    Beginner August 2012
    Mrs_Stich2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I havent been to a wedding there but have booked my wedding there for next august, a friend of mine went to a wedding there and said it was lovely, the food was really nice with generous portions and the service was brilliant, i have spoken to various people at wedding fayres about the venue who have raved about it too.

xx

• Nikki_D
    Beginner June 2012
    Nikki_D ·
    • Hide content

Hey, I have booked my wedding for there for next July, and i love the venue... the whole big windows thing etc etc... and i was just wondering if anyone (or in this case yourself) had any fears or questions about it? The one fear i had was pics, where would they be taken? but i been told its out the front... i just felt really nervous about the whole finalising the booking etx incase i had a major wobble... x

• Mrs_Stich2b
    Beginner August 2012
    Mrs_Stich2b ·
    • Hide content

Oh how exciting, what date in July have you booked? we are the 10th August! Yeah i know what you mean about the pics but i think there is plenty of places, i have been looking through the internet to try and find some pictures of a wedding at Top Meadow and ones that i have come accross they have had pictures out the front of the function room and also round the other side of the building where there is the lovely view and i believe there is also a lake/pond where it looks quite pretty to have pictures. We arent having our ceremony at Top Meadow we are getting married at Langtons in Hornchurch so to be honest havent really thought much about having a lot of pictures outside at Top Meadow..

Did you see the Bridal suite when you was there?

HTH x

• Nikki_D
    Beginner June 2012
    Nikki_D ·
    • Hide content

We are having everything there, just easier. We are 9th June 2012.

Ohhh wheres the lake??? i dont think i see that ha ha. Who showed you around?

Yeah i see it did you? x

• Mrs_Stich2b
    Beginner August 2012
    Mrs_Stich2b ·
    • Hide content

Good date, weather should be lovely then! i keep getting nervous about the weather on my day, cant always guarantee sunshine in august these days!!

I think that there is a small lake to the left before the function suite as you drive in.. A few different people showed me around but i cant remember any of the names, we dropped in spur of the moment the first time so one of the bar staff showed us around, then the next time the golfing manager did and then the third time a lady showed us around. How about you?

i was really impressed with the bridal suite, they have done it up so lovely, i didnt expect it to be as nice as it was!

i have been trawling the internet trying to find some pictures of the room all set up for a wedding so that i can decide on my centrepieces but cant seem to find many, have you found some?

i found this photographers website and he had some lovely photos of the room, might give you an idea for photo locations! http://wedding-photographer-essex.me.uk/blog/2010/9/26/julie-barry-wedding-top-meadow-golf-club-essex.html

x

• Nikki_D
    Beginner June 2012
    Nikki_D ·
    • Hide content

We was dealing with a bloke there and a lady, both lovely. the place itself has some photo's on the pc in their offices, but other than that nothing. I didnt noticce the lake, but iv only ever seen it from 4pm on so been dusky... have you officially booked it then? x

• D
    djwanson ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone,
    Top Meadow is a fab venue with great staff. I've only worked there the once but i loved it.
    The main function room is excellent. Mahoooosive windows let in lots of beautiful natural light which helps make for lovely photos.
    Mrs_Stich2b you found me Smiley winking yay!
    the link above is broken, heres a fresh version to copy & paste Smiley winking
    http://wedding-photographer-essex.me.uk/blog/2010/9/26/julie-barry-wedding-top-meadow-golf-club-essex.html
    Best of luck for your wedding day!
    Derek Anson

Hi everyone,

Top Meadow is a fab venue with great staff. I've only worked there the once but i loved it.

The main function room is excellent. Mahoooosive windows let in lots of beautiful natural light which helps make for lovely photos.

Mrs_Stich2b you found me Smiley winking yay!

The link above is broken, heres a fresh version to copy & paste Smiley winking

http://wedding-photographer-essex.me.uk/blog/2010/9/26/julie-barry-top-meadow-golf-club-essex-wedding.html

Best of luck for your wedding day!

Derek Anson

• PeteKelk
    PeteKelk ·
    • Hide content

I did the ground keepers son's wedding there a couple of years ago.

I have to be honest, I was really pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. The actual ceremony room was great, you face a big window, so there's a lot of natural light which was lovely!

The grounds were nice, but in honesty it was a really windy day, so we didn't spend a great deal of time outside.

We took the group shots downstairs, in a conference room, which the venue opened up for us, there was plenty of room, and we got all of the formal shots easily.

I can't think of anything really bad, but if you're haing a car drop you off, it would be better to make sure they keep that section of the car park clear, so you can get a good shot, it was a little crowded.

Everything else, lovely!

PK xx

• S
    Beginner August 2012
    SammyT84 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I have just seen your posts re Top Meadows.

I have booked this as my wedding venue for August 2012. I too was so impressed with the views from the fuction room, & the really helpful staff.

My only concern is that the room doesn't have air conditioning. I am hoping the weather in August will be nice (not guaranteed I know), but I am thinking all that glass is going to make it so warm inside. They have said they can open the doors, but I'm still panicing slightly.

Has anyone else thought of this, if so are you going to hire air conditioning units?

Sam x

• Nikki_D
    Beginner June 2012
    Nikki_D ·
    • Hide content

Iv not really thought of it to be honest hun. Im getting married in June - so it's never as hot as August, plus knowing its my day, it will prob rain so wont have that problem lol. I know there's alot of glass, but the doors can be opened, and the suit itself where the action takes place is around the back, so it's not sun facing, which is a bit better, so the sun will be there later in the day/evening rather than stuffing whilst it's going on.

As I said, the pics, are my concern, other than that I was a bit worried about food we literally have 150 ppl coming, and im catering for 75%!!! Yikes!!! x

• Mrs_Stich2b
    Beginner August 2012
    Mrs_Stich2b ·
    • Hide content

No i havent really thought about that either, i think it should be ok, the doors and windows open so i would imagine the room will be quite cool.. what date have you gone for in August? x

• S
    Beginner August 2012
    SammyT84 ·
    • Hide content

We are penciled in for the 4th August. So all being well, we are going to look at it again this weekend (they are going to be sick of the sight of me) & pay our deposit.

It's literally everything I am looking for, just worried about the heat, don't want to be sat on the top table under that window with my make up dripping off my face. Like you said though, the doors open up so we should be fine.

Re the food, we are having a sit down meal in the day with a hog roast in the evening (on the patio outside) instead of a buffet. It's only £10 a head for that, & I have been to weddings before where there has been a hog roast & it's gone down a treat.

I hadn't thought about pictures, I see someone says there is a lake, that might be nice. Most of my pictures will be done at the church, but I would like a few at the venue.

So much to think about & consider & I've still got 17 months to go!

x

• Mrs_Stich2b
    Beginner August 2012
    Mrs_Stich2b ·
    • Hide content

Oo you are the week before mine! :o) exciting!!

yeah i know what you mean! hopefully the weather will be nice this weekend and you can get an idea of the sun coming through the windows etc and how hot it is in there..

oh wow i didnt realise they offered a hog roast, they always look so yummy so i may bare that in mind!!

I know, i keep thinking i have ages to sort everything but time is already going so fast! have you sorted out anything else yet? what church are you getting married in?

I am so happy to have found a couple of other people getting married at Top Meadow, i was starting to think i was the only one! lol! x

• Marmabride
    Beginner
    Marmabride ·
    • Hide content

I am glad that there is a thread on here about top meadow. Its a lovely venue, I went to a birthday party there last year and thought it was great. Going to look at it as a potential venue soon.

• Nikki_D
    Beginner June 2012
    Nikki_D ·
    • Hide content

I loved the venue and its the only one my OH said this is it!

We are getting married there as well as the recpetion. We are having the sit down meal, and an evening buffet.

One other questions Mrs_Stich2b, have you had anything through yet? I had a letting asking me to sign it and return which I did, and i got an email stating i have to go in to sort out chair colours etc for the organza etx, but that's it. Does anyone know when they will be in contact next? x

• Mrs_Stich2b
    Beginner August 2012
    Mrs_Stich2b ·
    • Hide content

No i havent recieved anything other than the booking form, am going to give them a call soon to see what happens next, im assuming we'll have to go in at some point and choose the food and buffet items etc but a bit nearer the time..

I anyone else manages to find some more pictures of the venue set up for a wedding could they post them on here, i am trying to decide on my table centrepieces so want to get an idea of what the room looks like all set up! xx

• staciazen
    Beginner October 2012
    staciazen ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies,

I too am getting married at top meadow. Our wedding is 1st September 2012!!!

I think I have been TM's worst bride to be ever!! at least once a week I call them asking another question and trust me I had four pages of A4 when we first went there.... If there is anything anyone wants to know, just ask as I've probably already asked it lol!

The photo's are taken out on the front, but they have said that if the weather is bad, they will allow us to have them in the main foyer or in the little conference room downstairs.

We have got approx 120 coming to the day and we knew it would be a little bit of a squeeze, but TM have said that their tables seat a max of 12 people although 10 would be best and if you can try to have less on table four.

I was a little concerned about not seeing it all set up as an evening reception room, but speaking to TM last week, they have said that during may this year, they have got plenty of weddings that are evening only so if I wanna pop down and see it set up properly I can.

I havent yet seen the bridal suite, but i'm sure I will have a look when we pop in next month.

They have said that they will call us in, in June next year to discuss our food choices and finalise everything. And they have said if there is more than one thing on the menu that you want to trial first you can go in the bar area and try it, but make sure you call them first to let them know as not everything on the wedding menu is on the bar menu so they can make sure you can try it. Also, the chef in the restaurant is the same chef that head's up the function room, so if you like it in the bar your gonna like it on the day.

I'm so glad i've found other people getting married at TM, and its so weird that were all having our wedding's there around the same time.

Good luck ladies, and again just ask me if you want to know anything

xx

• L
    Beginner September 2011
    lolgar ·
    • Hide content

Got married at Top Meadow last month. It is a fantastic venue. It was a brilliant day and went like clockwork. Food and service couldn't be faulted. We had 85 people for the wedding breakfast and everyones food arrived piping hot. So those of you who have booked this venue, don't worry I'm sure you'll have a brilliant day.

• Mrs_Stich2b
    Beginner August 2012
    Mrs_Stich2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi lolgar,

So pleased to hear such a good review about Top Meadow and that your day went so well!! do you have any photos of the venue? i am dying to see some pictures of it all set up for the wedding breakfast but cant find many! xx

• MrsCoco
    MrsCoco ·
    • Hide content

Haven't been to a wedding here but went for a New Year's Eve do and the food is fab and accommodation very comfy! Think you've made a fab choice! X

• L
    Beginner September 2011
    lolgar ·
    • Hide content

Have just got my proofs back. Will post a photo of the tables set up for the wedding breakfast( if I can work out how to do it).

• Mrs_Stich2b
    Beginner August 2012
    Mrs_Stich2b ·
    • Hide content

That would be great! thanks! ?

• Nikki_D
    Beginner June 2012
    Nikki_D ·
    • Hide content

Lolgar - Did you manage to get your pics up? xx

• Nikki_D
    Beginner June 2012