Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner July 2010

top table decoration. flowers or candles??

*hoppit*, 8 January, 2010 at 17:18 Posted on Planning 0 6

I am not sure what to do about the arrangements for the top table. I am having hydrangeas as my flowers on the other tables in a vase in different shaeds of blue that will look quite informal (our colour is royal blue). If i had flowers for the top table I would need some other flowers like delphinium to add length to the decoration (or so the florist has said) and I dont know if i have different flowers it would look strange.

I am sure i saw a picture posted on here of a top table that just had candles along the front with table gems and dont know whether that would be a better option? I have to make some decisions soon with the florist and not sure what to do.

6 replies

Latest activity by *hoppit*, 10 January, 2010 at 10:59
  • F
    Beginner December 2009
    fvj199 ·
    • Hide content

I had both! Candlelabra's always look elegant, but then so do flowers. Don't worry about what's traditional, do whatever you like the most.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Sherrie posted a piccie of a top table with candle decorations - I think the thread is about a couple of pages back or if Sherrie sees this, she will post again for you. I know what your florist means though. This is one I did a while ago with delphinium and hydrangea along with ivory roses. This particular arrangement flows over the front of the table but you can have them just sat on the table too. :-

If your florist makes the arrangement to sit on the table rather than flow over the front, then the delphinium would be at the sides running along the table IFYSWIM.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Why not combine the 2 :

• twf
    Beginner August 2009
    twf ·
    • Hide content

I had flowers and candles. I wanted everywhere to be sparkly! The one thing I did find though that I was sooooooo hot with all the candles lit

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Hydrangeas work really well in a contemporary long and low too - you don't necessarily need anything extra to add length to it. Below is a top table arrangement we did last Summer, based with hydrangeas....

Beginner July 2010
    *hoppit* ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for all your replies. I am going to show my florist some of these and see if we can work something out for the top table. thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics