Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrsjtobee
Beginner May 2014

Top table dilemma

Mrsjtobee, 21 of January of 2014 at 16:28 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi everyone,

I just need a few suggestions about what to do with our top table! My OH is having is brother as best man, I'm not having a MOH as I have a large group of friends who all mean a lot to me. I therefore chose my young cousins who are 13, 11 and 10 to be my bridesmaids as it means the absolute world to them. Now, my problem is that I'm worried that the top table will look a bit odd with just both sets of parents and the best man? I thought about asking my brother to sit with us to even things out but there's no way that his girlfriend would let him.

i could have my bridesmaids but then having another 3 on the table might make it too big and as they're young they might be better sat with their parents and siblings.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

6 replies

Latest activity by Mrsjtobee, 21 of January of 2014 at 19:31
  • LoveHimMegaMuch
    Beginner August 2014
    LoveHimMegaMuch ·
    • Hide content

Hi! Your top table can be how you both want it to be Smiley smile I'm not close with my mum at all, in fact I haven't really had a "normal" relationship with her since I was 19 and haven't seen her for about 10 years. She's not invited to our wedding as she's a negative influence in my life. So I'd been worrying about the top table, and what people on my OHs side would think......I don't normally tell people what happened between us. Plus there will be people there I've not met before (OH works offshore so a lot of his close work friends are scattered around the country, and as they are close they are invited), who probably don't even know we're estranged. I'd also worried about our 2nd dance as we are having the Best Man dance with MOH, bridesmaids with ushers, MOG with FOB etc. then it dawned on me.....who will the FOG dance with?? We've decided my 10 year old daughter will dance with him as she's our junior bridesmaid.

Anyway I guess what I'm trying to say is that not all top tables are symmetrical for lots of different reasons, so it shouldn't look odd or out of place!

Its your day so have it as you like Smiley smile

xx

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

Our top table would be a bit wonky too, and as neither of us wants to be on display on the top table we're having a regular round table instead. Will be me, OH, my mum, OH's mum, best man, MOH and her partner and my Gran. I don't care if it's not traditional or unbalanced ?.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I had the same top table layout.. my folks, his folks, his bro was best man, my only bridesmaid was sat on the table with her family and I placed best man's wife on the same table which also had one of the ushers along with his wife.. as the meal is what 2 hours top then it's party time and the tables change anyhow ?

• S
    Beginner June 2014
    Shoe_girl09 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

Not having a traditional top table either (don't like sitting on a podium looking at everyone else). We'll have a regular round table and apart from me and my fiance we'll have my mum, my uncle and aunt, his sister and sister's boyfriend and his uncle and aunt. Bridesmaids and best man at next table.

You can absolutely do what you want- it's your big day! I'd like not to have his sister at my table as I don't like her (and I despise her boyfriend) but it would upset my OH so I just won't pay her much attention instead ?

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

How well do you know your brother's girlfriend. Any chance you could have both of them at the top table? Your best man could maybe have his partner too. Don't worry about it being skewiff though - I suspect your instincts are right that the young bridesmaids would be better off nearer their parents.

• Mrsjtobee
    Beginner May 2014
    Mrsjtobee ·
    • Hide content

I would have had my brother's girlfriend but there's majorrrr drama at the moment between us. They recently booked their wedding for a few weeks before ours and she's so far having the same bridesmaids, same make up artist, same wedding singer, same invite wording and tried to get the same bridesmaid dresses as me. So at the moment I don't want to be sat near her haha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics