Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dancing-Peanut
Curious September 2021 Kent

Top Table Nightmare

Dancing-Peanut, 21 of June of 2021 at 14:09 Posted on Planning 0 7

So i have a dilemma. We are on wedding date no 3 in September this year. So we think all should be ok. We had everything down and planned last year and 2 weeks before BOOM - Lockdown!.

So now a few things have changed and due to medical reasons both my bridesmaid and dad can neither comfortably sit on the top table. So what to do? This would mean we are left with my mum, grooms mum and his best woman. Any thoughts - i saw a few ideas on Sweetheart tables for just the two of us, but think groom may not be enthused by this.

Any suggestions or recommendations for ideas?

7 replies

Latest activity by Littlemy, 29 of June of 2021 at 19:14
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    We are not having a top table, we are sitting with my sisters, their partners and our closet friends. Parents and other siblings are on a table together. Rest of my bridesmaids and their partners and another table. I didn’t want a sweetheart table as I knew it would be more fun sitting with others.
  • Dancing-Peanut
    Dancing-Peanut ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Interesting, but then I wonder if certain friends would be offended if we didn't sit with them. Its an interesting idea though. This is probably the worst part of the whole thing to decide. We happily have sorted most of the other tables, but this... Uggg…. I might test the water with a sweetheart table and see.
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I normally stress about upsetting people but with all the worry of Covid etc we have planned our day to suit us and it’s made the planning so much easier. Remember it’s your and your fiancé’s day
  • Laura
    Beginner July 2022 Surrey
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    We’re not having a traditional ‘top table’. Divorces and family tensions mean we’re separating out our tables into dad, brother, FIL and MIL (these people can’t sit together) and basically whoever’s left is sitting with me and the groom! I was chatting to my dad last night and he’s usually the least traditional person ever but he looked shocked when I told him he’s not sitting with me 😂 Funny how people get so caught up on these things.
  • Dancing-Peanut
    Dancing-Peanut ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds like you are having fun with the table planning too! We have decided on the sweetheart table and that we will put the family amongst the regular tables. That will work best for us!
  • P
    Dedicated July 2021 West London
    Purple Girl ·
    • Hide content
    Me and my hubby to be are having our own table. Everyone else will be sitting with each other. It will be more intimate and special for us for it to be just us.
  • Littlemy
    Dedicated April 2022 Kent
    Littlemy ·
    • Hide content
    We aren't having a top table either. I do think with different family dynamics its not as common as it used to be. I didn't want a sweetheart as I thought I'd be missing out on the fun at my own wedding. We are going to keep a couple chairs empty at different tables so we can go and mingle between courses

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics