Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner June 2015

top table seating plan

Princess Bride 2013, 1 of July of 2013 at 15:32 Posted on Planning 0 7

Who is sitting at your top table? Having real issues with my seating plan.

7 replies

Latest activity by Icklefee, 1 of July of 2013 at 22:53
  • F
    Beginner August 2013
    FMG ·
    • Hide content

This one has been tricky for us as my OH does not have his mum or dad around and is not close to any other members of his family. My CBM has a new born so she can not be on it either so we are having; my mum, my dad, Me, OH, My brother and best man. I feel a bit guilty as it is mostly my family but these days they are all the family my OH has also!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I have a real issue with asking people to play an important role for us on the day, and then splitting them up from their family/kids etc for a big part of the day. I think weddings are romantic and it's nice to spend it with your partner.

Top table: Us, my son, best man and his wife and kids.

Next 2 tables: One for his family, one for mine

Next 3 tables: Each has a member of the wedding party with their partner/family and some other guests

Next 3 tables: Friends

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

My parents, OH's parents and us.

I wanted my MOH to sit with her hubby and friends and enjoy the reception, best man wouldnt have minded sitting at the top table but it'd be uneven otherwise.

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

We had a round top table and due to the venue capacity we needed to seat 10 people at it. We were loosely traditional and had us, our parents, the best man, two bridesmaids and the husband of one of the bridesmaids on it.

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

I would rather all BM and Best Men sit with their partners and families, but OH is being very stubborn that he wants his best men up there. As they are his best men, its up to him. So we are having a round table with me, OH, 2 sets of parents and 2 best men.

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

I was on the top table as a BM the week before last, my OH was sat on a very nearby table with his parents and some other guests. I blew him a few kisses and caught his eye - we are not joined at the hip and function just as well apart - didn't bother me, was only a couple of hours. xxx

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Not done a proper seating arrangement for ours yet, it's not a proper top table it's a u shaped table so sort of everyones together but still with the 'main' people at the top, think it'll be me, OH, my mum & dad, OH's mum, best man & Bridesmaid and our little boy will probably sit in between me & OH Smiley smile

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

We're having us, the 3 children and possibly the best man and bridesmaid. I'm adamant we won't have any parents there. My mother will stress about the kids dribbling tomato ketchup on their cravats, I'll stress about my mother stressing, his dad will stress because his step-mum isn't at the top table, his step-mum will probably drag a chair up and join us at the top table, his mum will stress about the step-mum. It'll be stressful. We may just leave them all to it and take the kids to Pizza Hut.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics