Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ajdown
VIP September 2011

Top table - two colour swags?

ajdown, 14 March, 2011 at 08:16 Posted on Planning 0 12

Just wondered if anyone has any pictures - or opinions - on two colours of organza in front of the top table? These would be the full length of the table rather than half and half, if that makes sense?

Still working on room decor ideas, and thought it might help if anyone had any experience of the two colours. We're thinking of hunter green and burgundy but any suggestions/pictures gratefully received.

12 replies

Latest activity by ajdown, 14 March, 2011 at 10:23
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I haven't got any pics of 2 colours together but what you could do is the actual swag in one colour & the bows in another or twist the 2 colours together:

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

One of the ideas I had was to divide the length of the table into, say, 5 sections, and have the colours alternating along "tight at the top" and "the dangly bit between the bows"?

The bows you have - are they those "pull bow" things I've heard mentioned before?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Yes the bows on the red pic are just florists pull bows, they do them in Burgundy & Hunter Green. Personally I would use either the green or ther the Burgundy to do the actual swag & then the other colour for the bows as using the 2 colours together will change the colour of the organza.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Does this quick and dirty sketch in MS Paint explain better what I meant?

I take your point about the colours mixing though, but if we used these two colours like my bodge above and ivory bows do you think that might look too hideous? I think we might get away with it.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

It could look ok, but I would stick to ther 2 colours either Burgundy or Green with the Ivory. One or the other of the darker colours not both to be honest.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

What's the normal recommended pull bow size for this sort of thing by the way?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

50mm is the best size to use for the top table, for pew bows the 31mm size.

Here you go Hunter Green:

https://www.easyfloristsupplies.co.uk/ribbons-and-pull-bows/pull-bows-50mm-/50mm-hunter-green-pull-bows/prod_1289.html

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Ta muchly Smiley smile Think we're going to end up going with green for the swag, and red bows.

We've got some ideas for red and green room decor as well so that should work out nice - plus there's a red patterned carpet at the venue too.

Just need to work on the walls etc now so it doesn't look too much like a conference...

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Honestly I wouldn't worry about the walls, once you have decorated the tables & have your cake etc no one will be looking at the walls. There will be lots at eyelevel going on and most people will be sat at the table for most of the time. These are all conferance rooms & once you have everything in there no one will even know:

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

This is our room, partly set up for a wedding - apologies for the poor photo quality. The room is a large suite that has a removeable divider down the middle .

The ceremony will be held in this part of the room, which will then be cleared afterwards and the band/dance floor set up in this end. The registrars will be standing in front of the fireplace shown.

After the ceremony we will move to the gardens for photos. The above half of the room will then be cleared to make room for the band and dance floor for the evening. Again, the band will be set up in front of the fireplace.

The WB will be held in the other end of the room shown below with the divider still up. Along this side is the room to the private bar we have.

When the band are ready - about 7.15pm, we'll get the hotel to remove the divider to make one big room, ready for the first dance.

As we aren't having a disco for the evening, we were just a little concerned that the room would look a bit insipid in the evening without flashing lights etc - maybe I should get a few cheap sets off Ebay or uplighting for the walls or something?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Whats wrong with that room???! It doesn't look like a Conference room at all, it's a lovely room don't worry too much. I did a venue very simialr with stairs down into the room here:

You can use tealights in the evening or even if you have a vase centrepiece you could use floralytes that will give a light in the evening on the tables. I am sure the Band will have some kind of lighting with them, might be worth a quick email to ask them if they can supply or what they use.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

For the ceremony and wedding breakfast, absolutely nothing is wrong with it. However, my concern is that it doesn't look very "party like" and once you get to the evening, normally with the lights down and the candles flickering, added to the lights from the disco it would be fine, but as we'll not be having all the disco lights and stuff I just wasn't sure if it would look "partylike enough"?

I had forgotten the red curtains that match our colours too until I looked those pictures up. Most of them will be pulled during the evening otherwise there'll be sunlight glare (as you can see from the afternoon photos I took it's quite exposed to the sun which is great to a degree).

Our evening band is a barn dance - not normally renowned for their 3kw sound systems and light shows...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics