Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Knownowt

Tops to wear under suits when you have big boobs

Knownowt, 8 July, 2009 at 13:31 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 11

I really struggle with this- shirts tend to gape and sadly I haven't found one that is small enough on the waist while encompassing my boobs adequately. High necks look matronly and give me mono-boob, low necks and V-necks show too much cleavage for work.

What do you wear? I wish you could have different size tits for different occasions ?

11 replies

Latest activity by Melancholie, 8 July, 2009 at 20:36
  • H
    Beginner
    Headless Lois ·
    • Hide content

Can't you get plain white t shirts, or are they not formal enough?

L
    xx

• emma numbers
    Beginner June 2008
    emma numbers ·
    • Hide content

I've got a couple of wrap around tops which I wear a vest under which I find to the best solution to the big boobs small waist problem. Alternatively I have a few square neckline tops which looks good and not too revealing.

• cha-cha
    Beginner July 2007
    cha-cha ·
    • Hide content

I have this problem.

something I often do is put on a shirt which fits at the waist (but would gape at boobs), leave the buttons open at the boob part, with a pretty vest top underneath.

I also find the fake jumper/shirt combo tops you get out of next (the ones which look like you're wearing a shirt with a sleeveless jumper over the top, but it's actually an all-in-one) a godsend for work.

• Stargazerlily2626
    Beginner
    Stargazerlily2626 ·
    • Hide content

I too am a besuited large breasted lady I employ the following tactics

1. Go for suits with cropped jackets and nipped waists, I then wear the jackets done up with a normal vest top underneath. You get the shape from the jacket and then just a strip of fabric showing underneath the jacket at the top.

2. Alternatively jackets with a round scoopy neck which you can wear done up and show your collar bones - I sometimes wear this style with nothing underneath which is fine although I did have an excrutiating exprience in the Croydon Employment Tribunal where the Judge was urging us to take our jackets off and I had to refuse without saying why

3. Really smart v necked wrap dresses with a really good quality jacket also generally look ok or I wear suit dresses with very slight v's - quite flattering espeically with a good shaped jacket.

3. Bravissimo shirts which properly fit.

• Knownowt
    Knownowt ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. Guttingly Bravissimo have stopped doing ordinary shirts (they might start again in a few months apparently) or that would solve the problem.

• badkitti*
    Beginner October 2007
    badkitti* ·
    • Hide content

I am another one who wears a nice v neck and puts a vest top under it. Stops pupils looking where they shouldn't anyways

• Dooby
    Beginner
    Dooby ·
    • Hide content

I tend to wear a mixture of shirts (i've found the ones from Boden do are reasonably generous in the boobage department), vest tops with cardies, vest tops under shirts and the odd v neck which isn't too low cut. Also in the winter wrap tops with a decent scoop neck t shirt underneaths are good.

I totally agree though it's a right pain having to try and fit my wardrobe around my chest. How much easier it would be if we could have a range of boobs to take on and off depending on what we wanted to wear. ?

• Flump
    Expert January 2012
    Flump ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked at Thomas Pink? I'm sure I bought a "blouse" from there that was fitted for grand bosoms but tailored at the waist. It buttoned up to just above the chest, rather than going all the way up and was rather nice. In fact I might have to dig it out and wear it tomorrow! Will see if I can find a link

• Flump
    Expert January 2012
    Flump ·
    • Hide content

Hmm they don't have the exact shirt I was looking for, but this is similar in style. Can you get to one of their stores to try one on?

https://pinkshirtmaker.com/fcp/product/-/Shirts/Pink-and-Purple-Salvador-Stripe-Slim-Fit-Women's-Shirt---Button-Cuff/99908149

I also have had success with Oasis blouses as well!

• SophieM
    SophieM ·
    • Hide content

Could you have a couple made? I did an interview with this guy a whilke ago. http://www.mirpuri.com/ He does shiirts as well as suits, they look beeyooootiful and iirc they weren't horrifically expensive.

• Redbedhead
    Beginner August 2006
    Redbedhead ·
    • Hide content

I tend to do Bravissimo or wrap tops.

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

I have a few t-shirt type things from Sainsbury's. They're really cheap (between £2.50 and £4) and they fit nicely. I'm a teacher so need to dress modestly and these are really nice. Here's a couple I bought recently (excuse the fact that the first one isn't ironed yet!) and which I have in a range of colours.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics