Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ashlil
Beginner February 2011

Trailfinders experience?

ashlil, 1 August, 2012 at 15:46 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 15

Hi all

thinking of our next year and Trailfinders price they quoted for us worth a serious consideration.

Any of you guys used them? recommended/not recommended? anything to watch out for?

thanks

15 replies

Latest activity by icklelea, 11 August, 2012 at 17:29
  • Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

We've booked our honeymoon with them - and got our gift list with them too!

Can't comment on the actual holiday yet but everything so far has been brilliant, communication is good, their website is great, I can login and check my itinery and extra details for hotel etc etc.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Snap. So far they've been great. Our giftlist has now closed so they've transferred the money over to pay off the holiday.

I have to say that in terms of service, price and knowledge they were one of the best.

• Agouti
    Beginner September 2013
    Agouti ·
    • Hide content

My dad rates them v highly - they're very good at coming up with what you want. Most of our multi-centre trips (e.g. Australia, California etc) have been booked through them.

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys for the feedback - we are wanting to do a 2 different stay holiday and currently coming in £1-2k cheaper than well known (but on this years pricing)

will need to wait till Sept before seriously looking/booking

What deposit do they prefer too?

thanks

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

IIRC we paid 10% deposit, plus the cost of the travel insurance upfront. Balance is due 8 weeks before.

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Thanks nutty

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We had to pay for the cost of our flights as our deposit as it was a special offer on the flights. So it worked out more than most deposits. It might be worth checking it's not a special offer like that.

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

To echo the other comments we've booked out honeymoon with Trailfinders and also have our giftl list with them too. We booekd at the London City branch and they were helpful and really seemed ot know their stuff. We made a few tweaks to the original itinery and paid our depsit (10%) this week!

Where are you thinking of going?

• HappyAnnie
    Beginner April 2012
    HappyAnnie ·
    • Hide content

I'm currently on honeymoon, booked through trailfinders! So far it's been perfect, trailfinders have made everything run smoothly. We've had four amazing days in Dubai and am now lounging in the sun in Seychelles! We had our gift list through them which was straight forward. We priced up the exact same holiday with kuoni and trailfinders were £300 cheaper! Will definitely use them in the future.

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys great feedback. We are thinking 2night in KL or singapore (more likely KL) then 12 nights in Bali

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'd say go for Singapore rather than KL. Obviously it's completely personal choice but I've spent a lot of time in Singapore (my sister used to live there) and I really love it. I've been to KL before and it just didn't quite have the same "special" feeling as Singapore... jsut my twopennys worth!!

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

Can I ask a quick question?

Those of you who have booked a honeymoon and are using their gift list service, what happens if the contributions you receive exceed the cost of your honeymoon? Do they send the additional money on to you?

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You will get a gift card to use for a future holiday - or you could use it for upgrades on your honeymoon.

OH's usher used trailfinders for their wedding list, they had enough for a week in the dominican and then loads left over so they had another week in thailand for their 1st anniversary using the gift card.

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Nutella!

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups