Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Beginner November 2022 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire

Train Derailing Entrance?!

Jennifer, 18 of January of 2022 at 14:22 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 1
Hi Brides & Grooms,

I found my dress one day before Christmas. I wasn't looking for anything with a train, but what can I say, it was love & made my MoH cry.
I initially planned to have my two ladies walk in front of me. I'd probably not change that plan if there wasn't this beautiful set of stairs to walk down. I have a horrible mental image of me getting caught up and then tumble down the stairs in front of everyone FH and I hold dear.
How have others handled staircases with a train? I am thinking of having one bridesmaid walk first and the other holding my train, walking behind me.

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 18 of January of 2022 at 14:25
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ยท
    • Hide content

Why not have both bridesmaids walk behind you? That's what always used to happen - it's only recently that the American way of the bridesmaids coming in first has started to take over.

Or, if you want them to go first, maybe practice walking down some stairs in your dress to see how you cope. Then you only need one of them walking behind if you know the train is going to be a problem. But I think that as long as you take it slowly, you should be fine.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics