Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2013

Transport for Groom Advice please

lydeep, 4 May, 2012 at 09:30 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi fellow hitchers,

I am after your opinions please.

I am about to book our wedding cars (Armstrong Siddleys) and the company we are hiring them from have a Ferrari that they can take the groom to the church in and take him for a spin in it. I was really surprised at how reasonable the cost of this was to hire and I am considering hiring it as a surprise for him. The only setback is that only the groom can go in it due to it being a 1 passenger car (the company will provide a driver).

Has anyone else do/thinking of doing this as a surprise? Do you think he would mind not going to the church with the best man and ushers? We can still use the car he was originally going in for the best man and ushers but I have a feeling they may prefer to make their own way there anyway with their other halfs but either way there will still be transport for them.

What do you guys think? OH was looking at hiring one in the first place but the deposit for the insurance was huge as these options were to drive them yourself (so he would have been able to take the best man too).

x

4 replies

Latest activity by Nutella, 4 May, 2012 at 11:15
  • 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm , you know the groom best , so do think he'd want to arrive on his own?

I know my OH wouldn't and if I was to hire something like that for him , I doubt he'd want it on his wedding day as he'd be too distracted to really enjoy it.

Could you hire it for him to use at some other time maybe day before or after and give it to him as his gift from you ?

Or another option is to hire a different car that he and the best man will enjoy, does he like any particular movie cars or muscle cars?, there is a few companies that hire movie car replicas.

here is a couple of links but you just need to google to find something in your area

https://fordmustangwedding.co.uk/our-cars/

http://www.starcarhire.co.uk/app/FamousVehicleMenu.aspx?CountryID=5&CategoryID=1

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

My OH thinks this way as well .

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    lydeep ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your suggestions definitly given me some food for thought!

I think your right about not being able to drive it. I guess this is why its the price it is (£200) as they have someone else to take the blame if anything happens to it.

I would ask his Best Man what he thinks but he hasnt asked his best man to be a best man yet! Men!!!

May have a word with FMIL to see what she thinks too.

Thank you

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I'd speak to best man about it and see what he thinks. If he hasn't asked him yet then just wait, is there any hurry to book the cars right now?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics